Film Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arthurvance

Film Forward

Post by arthurvance » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:17 am

As Michael suggested at the Rally, I'm getting on the boards here.Since I'm very interested in hearing the types of songs getting forwards, I thought I should do the same. I got a forward for this listing. Was contacted by the publisher the same day...actually prior to TAXI notifying me of the forward. An International Publishing Company needs great SONGS (with vocals) with the word "DOG" in the lyrics. It's for a Canadian film about a frisbee-playing dog. ALL STYLES of music are OK, but this is a kids' film, so fun, upbeat/uptempo material is a must. As examples, think "Hound Dog" (Elvis) or "Who Let The Dogs Out" (Baha Men). They'd prefer songs where "dog" is in the chorus, but it's not a strict requirement. Keep the lyrics clean and positive and no uncleared samples, please. The license fees are between $750-$1500 per cue, depending on usage. Male or female vocals are OK, and the performances must be great. Submissions must be received no later than 2:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (California time), Monday, Nov. 5, 2007. TAXI # D071105DG Here's my song: http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... ream=trueI always welcome feedback!Thanks,Arthur

paults
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Film Forward

Post by paults » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:53 am

You may have that song set as "private". All I see at www.taxi.com/aedstrom is "Come Love Me"

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:58 am

Quote:As Michael suggested at the Rally, I'm getting on the boards here.Since I'm very interested in hearing the types of songs getting forwards, I thought I should do the same. I got a forward for this listing. Was contacted by the publisher the same day...actually prior to TAXI notifying me of the forward. An International Publishing Company needs great SONGS (with vocals) with the word "DOG" in the lyrics. It's for a Canadian film about a frisbee-playing dog. ALL STYLES of music are OK, but this is a kids' film, so fun, upbeat/uptempo material is a must. As examples, think "Hound Dog" (Elvis) or "Who Let The Dogs Out" (Baha Men). They'd prefer songs where "dog" is in the chorus, but it's not a strict requirement. Keep the lyrics clean and positive and no uncleared samples, please. The license fees are between $750-$1500 per cue, depending on usage. Male or female vocals are OK, and the performances must be great. Submissions must be received no later than 2:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (California time), Monday, Nov. 5, 2007. TAXI # D071105DG Here's my song: http://www.taximusic.com:8888/a/aedstro ... 72419.mp3I always welcome feedback!Thanks,Arthurwoof woof.................woof woof woof,,,,,,,,,,,,,woof wooooooooffffowahoooooo wooof woof!HTH,s

arthurvance

Post by arthurvance » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:07 am

Oops did have "Hey Doggy" set private. It's public now.Arthur

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:17 am

hey arthur,actually, your post should be in the success-corner - very cool, congrats!I always was contacted AFTER the forward - but as long as I GET contacted I don't mind cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

paults
Impressive
Impressive

Post by paults » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:28 am

Great job! That's a very fun song.

trentoliphant
Impressive
Impressive

Post by trentoliphant » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:32 am

Congratulations What a great fun track.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:27 am

Quote:Oops did have "Hey Doggy" set private. It's public now.ArthurSorry, Arthur, but I get nothing by clicking on your link. Any chance of reposting it?Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:35 am

Hi Ted,Instead of clicking on the hyper link--- put your cursor and the end( or begining) and high light the light the whole address, then right click your mouse- copy, paste it to the address bar of your browser. sounds complicated but it isn't.After typing all that I realized why not just do it..http://www.taximusic.com:8888/a/aedstro ... 19.mp3hope this works!BobBob

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:36 am

Sorry my copy of the link doesn't work either--- have to copy and paste to the browser.Bob