Finally a Forward!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

walksting

Finally a Forward!!

Post by walksting » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:44 pm

After many years I finally have a forward. I've had them on Broadjam but never here. Thank you Taxi! I hope I'm contacted by the Publisher. Seems like a great opportunity!

Several MODERN RETRO-Style SOUL SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Successful Publisher with an awesome track record of really BIG placements in TV Commercials!

This Publisher is on the lookout for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that could be heard on a playlist with the following references:

"The World (Is Going Up In Flames)" by Charles Bradley

"You Can Count On Me" by Lee Fields

"Tell Me" by Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings

Please send top-tier Retro-style Soul Songs that offer a modern spin on a classic, vintage sound that could work well for TV Commercials! Your submissions should have catchy melodies, memorable hooks, and well-written lyrics with soulful, solid vocals. Instrumentation in the general ballpark of the references will work best for this listing (think funky drums, punchy horns, electric guitar, bass, etc.). Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality.

Please do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use the references only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE 1-year Sync-Only agreement. You'll split any sync fees 60/40 – you get 60%. You will also KEEP 100% of the Writer's Share, 100% of the Publisher's share, and 100% of the Master Recording! Sweet deal!!

Since this company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed to any other Libraries or Catalogs. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, August 16th, 2023. TAXI # S230816RA

TAXI # S230816RA

https://www.taxi.com/members/9kc4xaLVQI ... -your-kiss

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Finally a Forward!!

Post by Paulie » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:53 pm

Congrats! A forward is a good sign, best of luck!
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

LalyaPars

Post by LalyaPars » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:26 am

Congratulations :)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:10 am

Well done ! ..now you need to do the forgetting part and do more of the writing and submitting part

walksting

Post by walksting » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:09 pm

Thank you everyone so much!

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:46 am

Congrats! So cool! Like dolphin said: forget, write, submit, repeat…(the order counts for after a forward😂)
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:27 am

Congrats! And this was a high bar listing from the way it reads.

Best of luck!

:D Casey