Finally!! Some Forwards!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Finally!! Some Forwards!

Post by ibanez468 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:53 pm

Hey Guys & Gals!After 10 tries, I can finally join the ranks with the rest of you.Got 2 forwards last Thursday, and 1 yesterday. I promisedmyself that I wasn't going to interact on this forum until I gotat least 1 forward. I guess 3 qualifies for interaction Anyone interested in taking a listen, feel free to do so.UPTEMPO, CONTMPORARY PROMO MUSIC (:10, :15, :30 versions) - are needed by an East Coast Music Library/Publisher that has signed & placed dozens of TAXI songs through the years. He's open to current-sounding tracks that are in line with what is being used for News Programs, MTV, Court TV, Lifetime - and everything in between. He wants tracks that are in the :10 to :30 range. He offers exclusive deals with a reversion clause [typically 2-5 years] for instrumental tracks. Broadcast quality needed (Great-sounding home recordings are OK). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. Submissions must be received no later than Nov. 28, 2007. TAXI # Y071128INCall of the GodsRock Da' HouseCLASSICAL INSTRUMENTAL PIECES in ROCK-style ARRANGEMENTS are sought by an LA-based Music Library owned by veterans of that industry. Think well-known/Public Domain pieces by Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Brahms, Chopin, etc. etc. but arranged/performed as Rock instrumentals (all styles of Rock are OK). They offer a non-exclusive, 50/50 split deal - you keep your original copyrights. Broadcast quality needed. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. Submissions must be received no later than Dec. 4, 2007. TAXI # Y071204RKNocturne in E Flat Major Op. 9 No. 2www.taxi.com/ibanez468

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Finally!! Some Forwards!

Post by mazz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:41 pm

The link you posted doesn't have any songs on it. Looking forward to hearing your music.Congrats on the forwards and welcome!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:25 pm

That's strange. I clicked on it, and it went straight to my page. Perhaps I have something setup wrong, you think?ibanez468

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:33 pm

I sent you a PM.
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:33 pm

Quote:That's strange. I clicked on it, and it went straight to my page. Perhaps I have something setup wrong, you think?ibanez468You have to set the songs to public for others to see them. If you edit the song from your music page, there is a checkmark there.Aub...and major Congrats!!! btw

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:55 pm

Thanks for the congrats guys. It was a frustrating journey I'll tell ya'. But by all of the poststhat I've read over the last couple of months, I can see that this is typical. So I'll just keepat it like everyone suggests and not ruffle any feathers. I'm easy. Let me know if the littleweb address at the bottom of my posts is working.ibanez468

jameslimborg

Post by jameslimborg » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:40 pm

I clicked your link and it still does not show your photo, music, etc. I joined taxi 3 weeks ago... so far made 24 submissions... 3 were rejected to date... That's where I'm at. Congratulations!!! Everyone creating music is doing a good thing for the world... I always try to encourage musicians starting out to spend 50% of the time creating their 'own' music. That is something I wish I did more growing up. Happy writing!

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:15 pm

O.K....Let's try this then. I'll figure this friggin' thing out sooner or later.http://taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=7 ... tream=1Let me know if this works.ibanez468

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:00 am

O.K. guys. I see what you see now. No songs listed. I'm setting things up in my profilethe same way I see others setting theirs up. These little web addresses at the bottomof the posts, you guys are putting these addresses in the "Signature" box, aren't you?When I go to my upload page, the boxes are checked. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried several different ways to do this, and still, no luck. Somebody help meout here when you get a chance.ibanez468

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:36 am

1. Login to your Taxi profile2. Click the link that says "My Music"3. Click the "Edit" button on the right side of the song (Rock Da' House for example)4. After the page opens, check the box that says "Public" (then others can listen to it)5. Click the "Save" buttonRepeat steps 3-5 with each song. HTH- JH