Finally!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Finally!

Post by grandmatarkin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:28 am

Well, it's happened. I finally reached a 50% forward rate. This is after about 90 or so submissions (46 forwards as of tonight)! I know it's fairly arbitrary, but it made me smile Now to increase my forward to deal ratio... 1 deal thru Taxi at the moment, but I need more. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes! (no, seriously, his old ones stink)Dave

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Finally!

Post by gitarrero » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:50 am

hey dave,..congrats to the forward ratio - well done!
production, composition & stringed instruments

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:22 am

Way to go, and congratulations on the deal.Try Evans Sahara Boots... they last a long time.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:14 pm

Quote:Well, it's happened. I finally reached a 50% forward rate. This is after about 90 or so submissions (46 forwards as of tonight)! I know it's fairly arbitrary, but it made me smile Now to increase my forward to deal ratio... 1 deal thru Taxi at the moment, but I need more. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes! (no, seriously, his old ones stink)DaveDang, how can a girl get a foward 'round here? Congrats, grandmartakin.

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:02 pm

Thanks guys! @Martin,thanks for your help... to me, your production skills are just top notch. I'm trying to learn as much as I can from what you've done. I think that's the secret of getting more deals (not really a secret, now is it)... I can get past the Taxi bar 50% of the time, but you have the production skills to make things stand out on every level and get past all the subsequent bars. It's no surprise that you're doing so well here @ Traveling EdThanks! And I bought him some of those boots, but he wouldn't put them on... he was afraid they would "steal his soul" (he's 84, consarnit!)@ ChitsI checked out some of your tunes. I love those piano pieces... there's honest to goodness feeling in them. It brings me back to my piano bar days... ahh... I miss my tip bowl

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:52 am

Hey, Dave. You might have me confused with Jbeck, Nomi or Hummingbird because the one tune I've posted doesn't have any piano in it, just guitar and drums. But thanks for the compliment anyway...if I'm being compared to those folks, it's not a bad thing!

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:44 am

Haha! I'm sorry... I double-checked, and it turns out I had confused you with Jbeck. See, it's the odour from those boots making me light-headed and loopy So now I'm really curious to hear your stuff! ...

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:47 am

Good going. I hope you've made a flowchart
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:06 am

Quote:Hey, Dave. You might have me confused with Jbeck, Nomi or Hummingbird because the one tune I've posted doesn't have any piano in it, just guitar and drums. But thanks for the compliment anyway...if I'm being compared to those folks, it's not a bad thing! Perhaps there was a piano, but it was wrapped in plastic and immersed in a rather large bucket of water, and couldn't be heard
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:24 am

Quote:Thanks guys! @Martin,thanks for your help... to me, your production skills are just top notch. I'm trying to learn as much as I can from what you've done. I think that's the secret of getting more deals (not really a secret, now is it)... I can get past the Taxi bar 50% of the time, but you have the production skills to make things stand out on every level and get past all the subsequent bars. It's no surprise that you're doing so well here ..whoooo...;) thanks for the nice words - it's a pleasure to help other people - and yes, your talented too, I like your voice, you're writing great melodies and your girlfriend is THE ultimate test for songs... way to go!Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments