Fingers Crossed for $55k Christmas Commercial Listing!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

FMstereo
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Fingers Crossed for $55k Christmas Commercial Listing!

Post by FMstereo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:01 am

Scott Free and I got TWO forwards for the Christmas commercial listing! The songs are Don't Tell Santa and Holiday Happiness!

I know not to hold my breath, but it's always a bit exciting to get forwarded for the big dollar listings!

https://open.spotify.com/album/2UbajaUf ... -H_DblWk1A

ORIGINAL, CLASSIC-YET-CONTEMPORARY CHRISTMAS SONGS (in various genres) with Male or Female Vocals are needed for an (up to) $55,000, Direct-to-Ad-Agency placement in a National TV Commercial for a Major Retail Chain.
Here’s the brief we got from the Ad Agency (read this several times, please):
“Original songs, classic Christmas music with a contemporary flair. Genre is open, tempo must be upbeat. Fun spirited, upbeat contemporary production with Christmas and holiday style lyrics. Nothing too religious. Female or male vocals are okay. References are Target, Gap, Big Lots, retails chains that have big ads and memorable songs for the holidays.”
Here’s TAXI’S Take:
When the Ad Agency says, “genre is open,” that probably doesn’t mean genres like New Age, Metal, Avant Garde Jazz, etc. You’d be smart to submit songs in genres that would likely end up on radio or the charts and would be considered “commercially viable.” Pop, Hip Hop, EDM, Pop/Rock, Soul, Rock, Electronic, Indie Pop, Punk, or Indie Rock, etc., are probably in line with what they’re thinking.
Production/Arrangement: Simple arrangements (like a Ukulele, claps, and a celeste), up to bigger, more fully developed arrangements could all potentially work. Give them a CONTEMPORARY take on a song that feels and sounds like it could become the next Christmas classic!
Vocals/Lyrics: Vocals should be top notch, and we don’t just mean your technical chops We think your vocals should make viewers feel the fun, warmth, joy, and spirit of the holidays. Your lyrics and vocals need to be infectious enough to make TV viewers pay attention, feel the season, and sing along when nobody is watching ;-) As the Ad Agency requested, please avoid lyrics that are too religious. Emotionally upbeat lyrics concepts almost always work best in advertising.
Tempo: Up-tempo and fun, and yes, we know fun isn’t a tempo ;-)
Note: We are not putting any references in this Listing. We did exhaustive research and found that every example we could find had a moderate-to-strong potential to lead you down a path that was either too narrow or just plain wrong. We think the best advice on direction comes from the Ad Agency’s brief, “References are Target, Gap, Big Lots, retails chains that have big ads and memorable songs for the holidays.”
Broadcast Quality is needed.
The estimated license fee is up to $55,000, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Direct-to-Ad-Agency pitch. No Publisher Splits. You would get 100% of the income. You’ll keep 100% ownership of the Copyright and Master Recording, but we expect that you won’t be able to license your song for any other Commercials for the duration of the term of agreement, which will be determined by the Ad Agency and you. You must own or control the Master and Composition rights to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Sunday, July 29th, 2018. TAXI #Y180729CS

Cheers

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Fingers Crossed for $55k Christmas Commercial Listing!

Post by songmaster » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:06 am

Congrats FM and Scott! Great songs! For $55 k, I think I would hold my breath till Christmas :)

Tom

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:39 am

So awesome, FM! You and Scott made such great Christmas music together. This year, I'm gonna include some of them in my daily Christmas playlist!

~~Matt

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:23 am

Fantastic FM AND Scott , It's only August and You guys put me in the Christmas Spirit

Ron :)
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Here's "CHEERS!" to your forwards - and best wishes for success; you make for a great team -
hopefully you'll be rewarded well for your talent & efforts.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Congratulations on the two forwards! Wishing you both continued success!
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

LOCK88
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by LOCK88 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:21 am

2 great ones here FM, congrats!! Really enjoyed both tracks. Great lyrics & production.
Robb Smith / LOCK-88
Songwriter | Producer
Los Angeles, Ca
http://www.Lock88Music.com

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:00 am

Hi FM,

Every song on that list is great!

Tim

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Ahh amazing! Congrats. I remember "Don't Tell Santa" — great tune. First time hearing "Holiday Happiness"—nice job!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

FMstereo
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by FMstereo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:49 am

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. Appreciate you taking the time to listen.

Cheers