Finishing 2017 Strong.... with the help of my homies!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Finishing 2017 Strong.... with the help of my homies!

Post by VanderBoegh » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Today I hit my goal for 2017, which was to make 500 pieces of music in a single year. This morning I put the final touches on a vocal collab with Owen Chaim, which marked the completion of track #500. Talk about making it by the skin of my teeth!! A few months ago, I thought I would far surpass my 500 track goal, but I kinda took my foot off the gas pedal and attended to some other important things these past few months that I'd been neglecting (as well as being forced out of the studio for a week as I was passing two kidney stones... ugh...). Regardless, I'm thrilled to have hit the goal that I set at this time last year!

I'm honored to have crossed the finish line with the monumental help from my homies Marcus Cohen, Terrell Burt, Owen Chaim, and Steve Collom - all Taxi members and active members of these forums. If you'd like to hear the vocal tracks that I've made with these guys since coming home from the Road Rally in November, here's a playlist:

https://rcrft.co/reel/VanderBoegh/urbanandpoplate2017

Hoping you all had amazing 2017's as well. And remember to set a lofty, but attainable goal for 2018. As for me and my trusty sidekicks, we're gonna be taking over the TV, trailer, & movie world by storm. My personal goal for 2018 is to write 100 vocal songs (2 per week), and 350 cues (1 per day). That will put me at 450 tracks in 2018.... down 50 from this past year, but with MUCH more vocal songs in my arsenal. I'm gonna take New Years Day to watch college football, then hit the ground running!!

Much love to all my Taxi friends,

~~~Matt

erynmichel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Finishing 2017 Strong.... with the help of my homies!

Post by erynmichel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:43 am

Utterly inspiring!! Thank you for posting, Matt. Since I’m a part-time musician, I’m on the 20 year plan rather than the 5 year plan, :lol: and reading about successes like yours is very motivating for me. Thank you also for taking the time to post advice for we newbies. Take the well earned break on Monday, and best of luck to you (and your kidneys!) in your goals for 2018.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Bloody hell Matt !

That's insane....how the hell do you manage to make 500 in a year ? You must have some seriously good working methods figured out.

Working full time and having 3 kids I'm lucky to manage one per week :shock:

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:11 pm

VanderBoegh wrote: I'm honored to have crossed the finish line with the monumental help from my homies Marcus Cohen, Terrell Burt, Owen Chaim, and Steve Collom - all Taxi members and active members of these forums. If you'd like to hear the vocal tracks that I've made with these guys since coming home from the Road Rally in November, here's a playlist:

https://rcrft.co/reel/VanderBoegh/urbanandpoplate2017
The broad spectrum of style and flavors you provide with these guys, and the top-shelf caliber of writing & production... well, it's really impressive.
Congrats to you and your 'Hommes'/team-mate/collaborators.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by johnlewitt » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Nice numbers, but why did you let the kidney stones slow you down? Excuses, excuses... :)

2 vocal songs a week would be an impressive feat!

The best of luck to you for 2018!

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Congrats Matt—that's an amazing number of pieces. Good luck with 2018! Looking forward to hearing what you come up with.
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

fuzzbox
Impressive
Impressive

Post by fuzzbox » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:55 pm

Congratulations Matt! :D
I believe you had around 30 pieces to complete when I saw you at the Rally and you did it. :) I would be very happy with 30 songs for a year. :lol:
Very inspiring.

All very best to you for 2018.
ImageImage

All You Need Is Ears - Sir George Martin
The music is not in the notes, but in the silence betweenWolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:15 pm

My goodness! How many hotdogs can you eat at one sitting! :D I listened to your tracks and they are all excellent and different from each other.. which I am so impressed with as sometimes quantity can affect quality or originality. Course having homies like these I am sure helps prevent that! Well I will up my ante now...thanks for the inspiration!

Oh BTW..I had my music studio in a garden shed as well in the 90's. Had a Rinnai heater in it..it was a label barn for heath and heather plants. I insulated it, put in linoleum, carpet, shingled the outside..it was sweet! Then I moved..sure wish I could have taken it with me!

Best in 2018!

Linda C

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Wow that's insane, Matt, you're killing it!! Super inspiring man, thanks for sharing your numbers and insight.

Looking forward to catching up and hearing about all your successes at next year's rally!