First 2 Placements

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mteezykeys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

First 2 Placements

Post by mteezykeys » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:27 pm

Woke up to a surprise $18.70 in royalties (still better than my spotify royalties). Apparently two of my tracks were placed in radio commercials during the 2nd quarter of 2023. One of the tracks placed was something I wrote for a TAXI listing that was returned. I'm excited that after feeding the pipeline with compositions, there is finally something coming out of the other side.

Thanks to all of you who have critiqued my instrumentals over the past two years.

eandersonmusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: First 2 Placements

Post by eandersonmusic » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:31 pm

Wow that's awesome man! That's gotta feel good.
Good for you Teezy! Keep em coming 👍
Erik Anderson ~ Composer, Producer and Musician
Website • https://www.eandersonmusic.com
Taxi page • https://www.taxi.com/members/erikanderson
Spotify • https://open.spotify.com/artist/78FpvfK ... 0MClpl1zqA

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:36 am

Congrats!
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:53 am

Congrats! :D :D It shows that one of the advantages of writing for Taxi listings is even if you don't get the forward, you often still have a very marketable piece.

:mrgreen: Casey

Kerryman

Post by Kerryman » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:43 am

Congratulations on your success! I also woke up to 2 sales from my photography agent this morning, it's always nice to have unexpected returns for your efforts.

As a newbie to TAXI (but a 45 year freelancing veteran in another field), I'm slightly concerned to hear that your sale was on something that was passed over by the TAXI supervisors. It makes me a bit nervous for my first 10 pending submissions, as they might be returned and yet still be good enough for the marketplace - but i don't have any contacts outside of TAXI.

Stephen

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:38 pm

mteezykeys wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:27 pm
Woke up to a surprise $18.70 in royalties (still better than my spotify royalties). Apparently two of my tracks were placed in radio commercials during the 2nd quarter of 2023.
Great news, and proof that all of this DOES work. Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the buzz of knowing that you had some music broadcast on TV and that you'll actually get paid for it too :). Nurture that snowball!

Sorry for the diversion, but.......
Kerryman wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:43 am
I also woke up to 2 sales from my photography agent this morning....
...I'm slightly concerned to hear that your sale was on something that was passed over by the TAXI supervisors. It makes me a bit nervous for my first 10 pending submissions, as they might be returned and yet still be good enough for the marketplace - but i don't have any contacts outside of TAXI.
IMHO you're worrying about the wrong things.

If you'd sent great photographs to your agent but they were not what his client was specifically asking for, would the agent risk his reputation by offering them to the client? Doing so might risk annoying that client, could diminish their trust in the agent, and might deter them from coming back for anything else in future. That said, there's a chance that the client might have taken them anyway if they happened to work for another project, and they could also be exactly what another client is looking for.

It's the same story with Taxi. Regardless of how good the music is it will only be forwarded if the screener believes its a good fit for the listing. If one or more tracks ARE forwarded, then its up to you whether you want to risk offering them any returned track(s) too (provided there were no technical reasons for their return).
Kerryman wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:43 am
... but i don't have any contacts outside of TAXI.
This is where you can help yourself. Most of us begin with no contacts, but there's nothing to stop you doing some work and finding libraries to submit to outside of Taxi. However, I'd hold off that for a while until you get some feedback and a 'feel' for whether your tracks are working for sync (even if they are returned).

Another way to find contacts is to collaborate with others who already have them.

Good luck :).
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Kerryman

Post by Kerryman » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:13 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:38 pm
IMHO you're worrying about the wrong things.
No, I was actually worried about a specific thing...namely the right music not being passed to the client. But, what I'd overlooked (or not realised) was that the subsequent placement was with a different client. So, your point is well made and well delivered and makes me feel less worried. Thanks.

Stephen
Originally from the UK - and my brother's called Graham. ;)

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:23 am

noice! that feeling of the first royalties check!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image