First ARTIST forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

First ARTIST forward!

Post by jameii » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:12 am

WOW..I was really stunned to see this Forward in the list!!! The reviewer was very honest and I felt his/her critique was right on. It felt GREAT to be sent forward as an artist! What do you guys think?I sent in:In My Dreams: http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... m=1Happily Everafter: http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... ream=1Find You: http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... ream=1I'll try to get links to em but until then they are here:www.taxi.com/jameiiI love you guys!JamieHere's the listing:S080129ACAmazingly talented ADULT CONTEMPORARY-POP ARTISTS a la Sade, Norah Jones, Everything But The Girl, Michael Buble, Seal, Sting, Anita Baker, etc. are wanted by the Executive Producer of a new Independent Label based in San Diego. The company is co-ventured by a member of a current platinum-selling rock group, has signed 3 artists so far, and not only have distribution in place, but are launching a multi-media company that will touch all facets of the Industry. They're only interested in working artists - those that are touring, have substantial CD sales, strong internet presence, etc. And of course you gotta be great - solid songwriting, distinctive vocals, and that indefinable "star quality" are all part of the package. Please submit two to three songs online or per CD/cassette, include lyric/photo/bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Jan. 29, 2008. TAXI # S080129AC

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First ARTIST forward!

Post by aubreyz » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:24 am

Major congrats Jamie. I well remember my first "artist" forward......took me a lot longer than you Aub

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:03 pm

You should be VERY PROUDAmazingly talented -- you gotta be great - solid songwriting, distinctive vocals, and that indefinable "star quality" are all part of the package. They're only interested in working artists - those that are touring, have substantial CD sales, strong internet presence, etc. This is very high bar, and it says a lot about your music & your presentation. Kudos to you!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:04 pm

THAT is fantastic news, kiddo. Holy Moly. Talk about your high-bar listing!!! Congrats, and keep us posted.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

dabresk
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dabresk » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:41 pm

See, I told you in my last post.......good structure (not to mention amazingly talented). good hooks. You got the stuff.And I'LL SAY I knew her when.....Keep the smokin' stuff coming!Super congrats!

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:02 pm

WoW!!! Super congrats Jamie!!!Quote:I'll try to get links to em but until then they are here:Right-click the green play button and select "copy shortcut", then paste it here (ctrl+v) In My DreamsHappily EverafterFind You[ url = the link ] song title [ / url ] (without the spaces)I liked "Find You", that was beautiful - JH

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:28 am

Congratulations, Jamie!!! What a great collection of songs you have! Your vocals are right on, and a real pleasure to hear. Yeah, like the guys said... you are clearly going places. Hope we get to meet at the next Rally this November-- with this kind of track record, you will surely have a pile plenty of great news to share by then!!! So congratulations again to you-- this is a really great listing to be forwarded for, and I've got my bets on you getting picked up!! Sure, many of us are just trying to get our music on TV, but you are going to BE ON TV, I can just feel it. See you on tour soon!!!! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jameii » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:34 am

Quote:Congratulations, Jamie!!! What a great collection of songs you have! Your vocals are right on, and a real pleasure to hear. Yeah, like the guys said... you are clearly going places. Hope we get to meet at the next Rally this November-- with this kind of track record, you will surely have a pile plenty of great news to share by then!!! So congratulations again to you-- this is a really great listing to be forwarded for, and I've got my bets on you getting picked up!! Sure, many of us are just trying to get our music on TV, but you are going to BE ON TV, I can just feel it. See you on tour soon!!!! RaagsWow you guys humble me. I'm just so honored that you are taking the time to listen. I've been writing for so long! LOL.I have 3 new songs I'm recording in Nashville beginning on the 28th. The bass player for Sixwire (they came in second in "The Next Great American Band"), John Howard is cutting them as well as a couple guys from "Denver & The Mile High Orchestra" who came in 3rd on the show. It's an amazing honor to work with these guys. John has been in the house band of Nashville Star for a few years and has toured w/Faith Hill, Vince Gill, etc.I never EVER thought I'd get to this point...so I'm already happy! love and light,Jamie

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:02 am

Wow!Amazingly talented!!!! That is awesome! You must be walking on air!! MEGA CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK!!! You earned this! Casey

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:59 am

Not even walking on air... sounds like she's in a super jet taking her around the world on air!!! It's a load of inspiration just reading your posts, Jamie, knowing you are living out your dreams!! Go for it!! You've got the talent, and you'll go far-- I'm betting it will be beyond your wildest dreams.... Life just keeps getting better and better!!
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani