We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

PJMack
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: First attempt at a dramady cue

Post by PJMack » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:37 am

Hi Matt,
I am truly humbled by your amassing generosity, help and very detailed advice. It's such a valuable education for me.

Before I posted this reply, I listened admiringly to all the reference links you kindly supplied. I'm not usually lost for words,
but in this case, the only appropriate word I can think of to describe what I've just heard is WOW!

I realise that I'm just clinging on for dear life to the first rung of this genre ladder, however as a mark of respect to you Matt
and to [ Ron, Vikki, Casey, and Tom ] I will go back and reconstruct this little cue to the best of my ability using all the lessons I have learned.

SUPER BIG RESPECT Paul

ps It will now definitely be an Xmas track.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:42 am

PJ
Happens all the time that we start a cue or song as one thing and it morphs into something else. As long as that something else is marketable, and Xmas instrumentals are, then it's all good. :D

The key thing with dramedy is the cues almost always feature pizzicato strings. So you would need to base it on that and make sure you have very realistic sounding string sounds.

Best,
:D Casey

PJMack
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by PJMack » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi Casey,
thank you so much again for your encouraging words. I now realise how important it is to have very realistic orchestra sounds in my tool bag.
I will research the down loadable programs that would help me to achieve that.

However, I am very aware that I started to write with one goal in mind, and ended up with something unexpected.
Thats something that would never happen with the really experienced folks. Oh well one does what one can.

I'm looking forward to the challenge. Casey If I forgot to say it before, I am a great admirer of your excellent work.

Respect Paul