First day on the forum

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

71stars
Active
Active

First day on the forum

Post by 71stars » Mon May 19, 2008 6:32 am

Hi all! Its my first day on the forum here. Thought Id post up and tell everyone a little about myself.My name is Amber and I enjoy long walks on hot coals, tiny animals for breakfast and the complete dest.... Just kidding My name is Amber and I am the front woman, singer, guitar player, songwriter for 71 Stars. Ascap and GoGirls Music member. Ive been performing live for a couple of years and am currently in the studio working on my first full length CD. I came to Taxi to learn from others and share my experiences as well.

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: First day on the forum

Post by rld » Mon May 19, 2008 6:42 am

You had me at "hot coals". Welcome!

71stars
Active
Active

Post by 71stars » Mon May 19, 2008 6:44 am

aww...thx for the quick response. glad to see my sense of humor will have a place here

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Mon May 19, 2008 7:00 am

Oh girl, it'll be a relief! You're a like humor medic! I'm a Gogirls fan too! Very happy to meetcha. How's the album going? Ready to rip someone's throat ou.....sorry. Ready to vent?

71stars
Active
Active

Post by 71stars » Mon May 19, 2008 7:26 am

Well this might be refreshing but I dont need to vent! Not today anyway I am just coming off the most important show we've ever had the chance to do at the best venue (imo) Warehouse Live. Ive got a lot of ideas swirling swirling in my head regarding my album by I promise myself to be done by fall---it doesnt have to be the only cd I ever make and I dont have to fit every idea on it! Im going to play a little homie place tonight that my buddy runs every monday night. Yeah, Im happy.GoGirls is great in Houston. The founder lives here and attends the monthly meetings. Ive met some great people that have been in the biz a while and can provide precise answers when I have the right questions.I vow as a new member to not take things too personally that are posted on this board. I also vow to try to sleep on things before I publicly rip someones throat....discuss manners in a heated fashion. And I vow to uphold all the delicate flowers that are sensitive to others insanity until they themselves drive me crazy and I put them out of our misery.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon May 19, 2008 7:50 am

Welcome aboard, Amber! A pleasure to meet you. You might find the FAQs on this thread helpful:http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... =2141don't be afraid to ask questions.... most of us don't bite. much sounds to me like you'll fit right in warmlyHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

frodo
Impressive
Impressive

Post by frodo » Mon May 19, 2008 8:04 am

Newbie myself, saying hello!And -Welcome, welcome! (why so many stars? ) - until next timefrodo

71stars
Active
Active

Post by 71stars » Mon May 19, 2008 8:17 am

71 is my favorite number. I love prime numbers - they mean to me only divisable by one and itself, like only god and I can decide....then 71 has lucky 7 and 1 again....both also prime...so 71. Back when people use to use PAGERS, Id always leave the number then *71 at the end so they would know it was me. Gosh that has been the better part of 20 years now. So from there it became 71 Stars ....Thx for the welcome all

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Mon May 19, 2008 9:21 am

May 19, 2008, 9:32am, 71stars wrote:My name is Amber and I enjoy long walks on hot coals, tiny animals for breakfast and the complete dest.... Just kidding Welcome Amber! You should meet mazz. He's got a breakfast treat for you...it's in his avatar .

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Mon May 19, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Amber,Welcome, you've come to the right place Linzi ...just checked out your myspace, great voice, cool song