First deal offer!!!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

walksting

Re: First deal offer!!!!

Post by walksting » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:14 am

Congratulations!!! I've had some forwards but have not signed any deals through taxi yet. Good Luck!

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:52 am

A BIG congrats to you!! Best of luck!

lieflin77
Active
Active

Post by lieflin77 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 am

Awesome news, very encouraging! It's nice to know something will eventually come of the forwards...

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kg » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Congrats! That's awesome news!!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Nothing can compare to opening that first "deal" email. Nothing.Huge congrats.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Jul 23, 2008, 5:21pm, mewman wrote:I am having a hard time controlling my excitement! After years of submissions and a bunch of forwards, I finally have been contacted by a music library that's interested in one of my recordings. Man, does this feel good! I don't have a deal yet, and I hope this doesn't jinks me, but the contact person wrote that they wish to represent me and have asked that I send them more stuff. I am friggin psyched! Wish me luck! MewmanWow... very cool. You'll find that once you're "in", that the relationship building is a much easier process, getting more tracks in their library is a little easier because they know you've already met their standards. My only advice... just be yourself, ask questions about things that are unfamiliar to you. Then the next time, you'll have that experience and the process will be that much more comfortable.Congrats!Dave

gburgess
Impressive
Impressive

Post by gburgess » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:46 am

FYI. Very cool. Here’s to many more!

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 am

Great news!I'm printing out Dave's advice, in the hope that one dayI'll be making that same post.Well, dreamin's free, and this shows they can come true! Here's to more Mew.Dave.

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:57 am

Jul 23, 2008, 5:21pm, mewman wrote:I am having a hard time controlling my excitement! After years of submissions and a bunch of forwards, I finally have been contacted by a music library that's interested in one of my recordings. Man, does this feel good! I don't have a deal yet, and I hope this doesn't jinks me, but the contact person wrote that they wish to represent me and have asked that I send them more stuff. I am friggin psyched! Wish me luck! MewmanShame on me! I missed the party. Belated Mega Congrats!!!! -Al

mewman
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by mewman » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:55 am

Thanks again for all your great support. I appreciate your advice Dave and will definitely keep it in mind. For those who haven't been through this process yet, I will say that I am really happy at how at ease my contact person is making me feel. We have exchanged several e-mails already. I had a question about what format they wanted my other tunes in and he quickly replied with an answer (mailed CD). I haven't seen a contract yet, but assume one will be coming after they review the other tunes i'll be sending them. If I'm lucky, they'll be interested in more than just the one that was forwarded to them. Actually, there were three that were forwarded, if I remember correctly. At least one of them caught their attention!Mewman