First Deal

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

First Deal

Post by bmete » Tue May 13, 2008 3:38 pm

What a great evening!I just got my first contracts in the mail... whahoooo..this is an indirect taxi deal.... But let me be very frank, if it wasn't for TAXI , and especially the rally , I would have never of known of this library or how to interact with them. I have learned so much by being a part of TAXI ( Michael your the best)and of course from you all on the forum. This song is a re-write of an earlier tune my son & I wrote. I decided to re-write it as a Bossa Nova, especially since TAXI put out a bunch of Bossa Nova listings. ( still have some pending). So I asked SQUIDS if she'd like to do a collaborative project and do the vocals, thankfully she said yes, and she did a wonderful job and I am so proud to have collaborated with her on this project... so I guess I really should say Squids and I and Ryan got a deal. Squids voice is gorgeous, and when we saw the TAXI listing for a Bossa Nova but with Portuguese lyrics, I had it translated by a local Brazilian group ( Beleza Brasil ), and Squids learned the Portuguese lyrics in just a couple of days.We have a deal for the English version, but I'm going to post the Portuguese version too especially because Squids did such a good job on it.Hope you like them!Dark Moon Over Me ( English Version) http://www.broadjam.com/player/player.ph....ionI NDEX=31387Lua Sobre Mim ( Dark Moon- Portuguese Version) - http://www.broadjam.com/player/player.ph....ionI NDEX=31387Bob -

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First Deal

Post by nomiyah » Tue May 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Congratulations to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Tue May 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Hey Bob, I'm thrilled foi you and your son. That's jes a great feeling to create something with someone you created (get it? get it? Wow, that jes popped in my head! LOL)Anyway, it was fun and I really enjoyed the Portuguese. I'm sorry I got so tired at the end.

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Go Bob!! How cool is that?Nice flute in the beginning there. Is it live, or is it ... you know?Kathleen

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Tue May 13, 2008 8:56 pm

May 13, 2008, 6:38pm, bmete wrote:What a great evening!I just got my first contracts in the mail... whahoooo..this is an indirect taxi deal.... But let me be very frank, if it wasn't for TAXI , and especially the rally , I would have never of known of this library or how to interact with them. I have learned so much by being a part of TAXI ( Michael your the best)and of course from you all on the forum. This song is a re-write of an earlier tune my son & I wrote. I decided to re-write it as a Bossa Nova, especially since TAXI put out a bunch of Bossa Nova listings. ( still have some pending). So I asked SQUIDS if she'd like to do a collaborative project and do the vocals, thankfully she said yes, and she did a wonderful job and I am so proud to have collaborated with her on this project... so I guess I really should say Squids and I and Ryan got a deal. Squids voice is gorgeous, and when we saw the TAXI listing for a Bossa Nova but with Portuguese lyrics, I had it translated by a local Brazilian group ( Beleza Brasil ), and Squids learned the Portuguese lyrics in just a couple of days.We have a deal for the English version, but I'm going to post the Portuguese version too especially because Squids did such a good job on it.Hope you like them!Dark Moon Over Me ( English Version)http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... am=trueLua Sobre Mim ( Dark Moon Over Me- Portuguese)http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... am=trueBob - BobWell done on the deal!! But very well deserved. Lovely track, super mood and pristine vocals.Is there any language that woman can't do Must have a babelfish in her ear or something Great job all 'round, guys. Liam

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Tue May 13, 2008 9:10 pm

okay, what's a babelfish? I've heard that before on the forums. Sounds like something you should fillet before you grill. ??Thank you, Liam, I appreciate hearing that.

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Tue May 13, 2008 9:15 pm

SquidsIt's from Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide books:The Babel fish is small, yellow and leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Tue May 13, 2008 9:19 pm

Wow!! Well. Okay then. So that was a compliment. I guess. Right? Huh. Babelfish. I wonder what that would feel like.

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Wed May 14, 2008 7:20 am

Yeah!!! Major congrats to you. This is great news and i loved the tracks!!! Keep it up Bob!

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Wed May 14, 2008 8:03 am

Congrats Bob!!!