First Deal! Thanks Taxi!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

First Deal! Thanks Taxi!

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:29 pm

I just received the signed contract for my first deal (a multi-song deal)!I've been keeping quiet about this until the ink dried! On Oct 14, 2008, I recorded and sent in a last minute dispatch listing for "80's songs" needed for a reality show. The next day I found out I was forwarded to this Music Production Company/Publisher. On October 16th, a deal was offered! They sent the song to the show for consideration (for possible placement) and recently started sending me listings for other shows. I recorded a bunch of new material last month and the result is: An 11 song deal! I'll be sending a lot more tracks to this publisher, too.Thank You Taxi! Now I can take my music where it wants to go.I also want to thank all the forum members and especially anyone I met at the Rally this year. The support has really helped me create better music.Jeff Greenleaf Heres the forwarded song:80's Childhttp://soundclick.com/share?songid=6978274D081008TV80s INSTRUMENTAL TRACKS FOR POPULAR CABLE REALITY TV SHOW are needed immediately by the Production Music Library involved with the show. This show is moving into its fifth season and they need more tracks NOW! They’ll be open to styles ranging from New Wave to Hard Rock, Old School Hip Hop to Dance/Electronica. No vocals for this one, please! You’ll want to be sure that these tracks are recorded at Broadcast Quality (excellent home recordings should be just fine) and the performances need to be excellent and on target stylistically. Here's the original thread I posted:http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... hread=9994

wildman3344

Re: First Deal! Thanks Taxi!

Post by wildman3344 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Congratulations Jeff,That's FANTASTIC news, the first deal of many, I'm sure.Cheers, Paul

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi Jeff,That is just fantastic , I am so glad for you.... major congrats!Bob

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Here you goooooooooo!!! Congratulations, Jeff!! What exciting news to see you coming up with all these super tracks-- and we all knew it was just a matter of time before you landed yourself some serious deals and placements. Yes, PLACEMENTS!!!! I'm already betting that you'll be in the 100 Club by the end of the year. So now the fun begins-- getting your music into the right hands for some really nice placements. It will be nice to say "I knew you when..." Congratulations to you again, Jeff!! I'm so thrilled for you!! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:11 pm

Jan 24, 2009, 6:29pm, jeffgreenleaf wrote:...I recorded a bunch of new material last month and the result is: An 11 song deal!I must be seeing double! Did you say 11 ?Whoa! Way to go, Jeff!!Allen

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:08 pm

This is truly fantastic news!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! I am not surprised - your music is excellent!~ Lydia
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

stevebarden
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by stevebarden » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Jeff, this is awesome news! Congratulations! Very well deserved. I hope this is the beginning of great successes for you. Thanks for sharing your news.Steve

daniel481
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by daniel481 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Congratulations!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:01 pm

That's FABULOUS, Jeff!!!!! Wow!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:25 am

Thanks everyone!