First Forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

KentB
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

First Forward!

Post by KentB » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:18 pm

Hi guys,

First, I hope everyone is doing okay in these crazy times.

Just wanted to share that I got my first forward this week after signing up in January.

https://soundcloud.com/kent-brown-104025921/quirky-surf

Stay healthy :)
Kent

A RANGE of QUIRKY and UNIQUE INSTRUMENTALS FOR TV COMMERCIALS are needed by a successful Music Licensing Company for a bunch of TV Commercial pitches!

NOTE: We are also running a TAXI Listing for Songs for TV Commercials as #S200121AD, so please don’t confuse the two!

They’re on the hunt for Instrumentals in All Tempos that fall within the general range of (but not limited to) the following references they gave to us:

“New Soul" by Yael Naim (for Apple)

"We Are Young" by Fun (for Chevy/Sonic)

"I Want It " by 3 One Oh (for Google Pixel)

"1234" by Feist (for Ipad Nano)

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch.

NOTE: The client is open to hearing material in ALL commercially viable styles and genres as long as the Instrumentals are unique, memorable, and playful enough to cover a variety of advertisement scenarios!

Please submit well-composed Instrumentals that have a unique vibe, sound, and style that would work well in the context of Commercial Advertising. Your Instrumentals can range from stripped-down versions to fuller productions with more instrumentation. Whichever genre or sub-genre you’re pitching, the music should have genre-appropriate instrumentation and productions. Your submissions can also have a bit of a quirky quality to them, but don’t get carried away!

Your submissions should be 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded, Button/Stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced acts or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Sunday, February 9th, 2020. TAXI # S200209AD

TAXI # S200209AD

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: First Forward!

Post by JohnnyP » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:26 pm

KentB wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:18 pm
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share that I got my first forward this week after signing up in January.

Kent

A RANGE of QUIRKY and UNIQUE INSTRUMENTALS FOR TV COMMERCIALS are needed by a successful Music Licensing Company for a bunch of TV Commercial pitches!

NOTE: We are also running a TAXI Listing for Songs for TV Commercials as #S200121AD, so please don’t confuse the two!

They’re on the hunt for Instrumentals in All Tempos that fall within the general range of (but not limited to) the following references they gave to us:

“New Soul" by Yael Naim (for Apple)

"We Are Young" by Fun (for Chevy/Sonic)

"I Want It " by 3 One Oh (for Google Pixel)

"1234" by Feist (for Ipad Nano)

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch.

NOTE: The client is open to hearing material in ALL commercially viable styles and genres as long as the Instrumentals are unique, memorable, and playful enough to cover a variety of advertisement scenarios!

Please submit well-composed Instrumentals that have a unique vibe, sound, and style that would work well in the context of Commercial Advertising. Your Instrumentals can range from stripped-down versions to fuller productions with more instrumentation. Whichever genre or sub-genre you’re pitching, the music should have genre-appropriate instrumentation and productions. Your submissions can also have a bit of a quirky quality to them, but don’t get carried away!

Your submissions should be 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded, Button/Stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced acts or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Sunday, February 9th, 2020. TAXI # S200209AD

TAXI # S200209AD
Congrats Kent, firsts are always great!! Best of luck on it!
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

KentB
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KentB » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:39 pm

Thanks John!

Kent

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:51 am

Congrats Kent! Hope it leads to a deal for ya!

Andrew

KentB
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KentB » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:27 am

Thanks Andrew! :)

Kent

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 am

Hi Kent,

I truly never get tired of hearing the stories of early success.
Congratulations and what a great track for the listing!

Way to nail it, Kent.

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

subinthompson
Impressive
Impressive

Post by subinthompson » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:28 am

KentB wrote:
Hi guys,

Kent
Congratulations Kent! Well done!!

akira
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by akira » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:43 pm

KentB wrote:
Hi guys,

Kent
Congrats Kent! Nice work! "Quirky Surf" is a great title for it!
Akira Kanyon
"Don't Stop Believin" - enjoy the Journey

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/akira.kanyon
Last Band: http://cognizenmusic.com/