First forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kaelo

First forward!

Post by kaelo » Thu May 19, 2022 4:54 am

DARK CINEMATIC TRAILER-STYLE INSTRUMENTALS with TURKISH-Influence # S220424RK.
This is my first forward since I joined TAXI! So excited to hear back from the company. What's next? I really need some advice.
Link to the piece down below, I hope you will like it. :D
https://www.taxi.com/members/fZh24UFJQl ... rk-trailer

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First forward!

Post by Telefunkin » Fri May 20, 2022 4:31 pm

Congratulations on that first forward! It feels good doesn't it? :)

Your track will now join all the other forwarded tracks and be sent to the library that requested them. They will then decide whether they would like to offer anyone a contract, possibility accompanied by a request for more similar tracks.

If that were to happen then you need to be ready and responsive. Make sure you're a member of a PRO, and are ready and willing to check and sign (probably electronically) such a contract (should you find it acceptable). Be ready to create alternative mixes of your track, or possibly provide stems, and also cut-down versions (eg 30s, 15s and a 'sting'). The library might want mastered files at 16 or 24 bit files and 44.1 or 48kHz (or perhaps something else), but could possibly want unmastered versions that they will master themselves. They might also ask you to provide some metadata (typically things like name, writer(s), PRO info, track name, bpm, time sig, main instruments, mood, description, etc). If you're lucky enough to be asked for more tracks, then take full advantage of the opportunity to sign as many similar tracks as you can in the same batch.

Having said all of that, there's also the possibility that the library will 'pass' on your forward for various reasons. Not all forwards lead to library deals, and you'll often hear of members having many forwards before they hear anything back at all from a library. Therefore, you need to be prepared for that too and not be disheartened if it happens. The best thing to do is continue writing more tracks, and if another opportunity crops up for the one that was forwarded then take it. It remains absolutely 100% yours until you sign away any rights to anyone else.

Good luck :).
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Rolf » Mon May 23, 2022 10:01 am

Congrats Kaelo, well done!

kaelo

Post by kaelo » Thu May 26, 2022 2:25 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:31 pm
Congratulations on that first forward! It feels good doesn't it? :)

Your track will now join all the other forwarded tracks and be sent to the library that requested them. They will then decide whether they would like to offer anyone a contract, possibility accompanied by a request for more similar tracks.

If that were to happen then you need to be ready and responsive. Make sure you're a member of a PRO, and are ready and willing to check and sign (probably electronically) such a contract (should you find it acceptable). Be ready to create alternative mixes of your track, or possibly provide stems, and also cut-down versions (eg 30s, 15s and a 'sting'). The library might want mastered files at 16 or 24 bit files and 44.1 or 48kHz (or perhaps something else), but could possibly want unmastered versions that they will master themselves. They might also ask you to provide some metadata (typically things like name, writer(s), PRO info, track name, bpm, time sig, main instruments, mood, description, etc). If you're lucky enough to be asked for more tracks, then take full advantage of the opportunity to sign as many similar tracks as you can in the same batch.

Having said all of that, there's also the possibility that the library will 'pass' on your forward for various reasons. Not all forwards lead to library deals, and you'll often hear of members having many forwards before they hear anything back at all from a library. Therefore, you need to be prepared for that too and not be disheartened if it happens. The best thing to do is continue writing more tracks, and if another opportunity crops up for the one that was forwarded then take it. It remains absolutely 100% yours until you sign away any rights to anyone else.

Good luck :).
Thanks Telefunkin for all your advice. Surely it will help!

kaelo

Post by kaelo » Thu May 26, 2022 2:25 am

Rolf wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:01 am
Congrats Kaelo, well done!
Thanks Rolf, fingers are crossed!

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Thu May 26, 2022 7:01 am

Congrats Kaelo! Telefunkin said all the important stuff. Don’t forget to check the spam folder! My best contact by far laid in the spam folder for some days. Luckily I saved it from being forgotten in the digital abyss. My advice is also to forget about your forward as soon as the champagne glass is empty and keep on writing and submitting. My experience is that libraies respond ether within a couple of days, months, a year or never (unfortunately most☹️).
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser