First forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mattmenovcik

First forward

Post by mattmenovcik » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:11 am

Hello,I also new to this forum, so hello everybody.I received my first forward for my song Strange for the following listing:GOTH ROCK SONGS (with vocals) are sought by the Pres. of an LA-based Publishing Co. for film/TV placement. He wants all styles that showcase the "dark romance" of Goth: Joy Division, Sisters Of Mercy, Bauhaus, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Marilyn Manson, NIN, My Chemical Romance, etc. Great riffs and smart, well-written lyrics are a must. The writer(s) must own 100% of the song's publishing/master rights. He splits the license fee with you 40/60 [that 60% is for you] and doesn't take any publishing. This company's owner will screen your submissions. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. Submissions must be received no later than Aug. 13, 2007. TAXI # Y070813GRI was confused about exactly what a forward meant since the company's owner did the screening. Does anyone have any insight into this.I'm sorry, I would link my song, but I'm not sure how to do that here.Thanks so much. This forum seems to be a very helpful idea.Matt

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First forward

Post by davewalton » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:03 pm

Quote:I was confused about exactly what a forward meant since the company's owner did the screening. Does anyone have any insight into this.It's still the same as a Taxi screener forward but since the owner was doing the screening you can pat yourself on the back a little harder I guess. Nobody is pickier than the owner. At this point, he/she has picked a selection of songs that they feel have good possibilities. I think the process from here is the same as a forward by Taxi screeners. There's probably a selection process the listing company has inside their own walls and they'll put the forwarded tracks through that process. After that they'll make offers to whoever made the "final group". Keep in mind that they can get sidetracked with other projects and priorities and you never know when it is that they might finish their decision process. I had a forward that took a year before I was offered a deal and I've seen that kind of thing posted by others. My suggestion is to keep doing music, keep moving forward. "A watched pot never boils" is a little phrase that, for some reason, really applies to the music industry.Congratulations on the forward and good luck! Dave

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First forward

Post by rnrmachine » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Contrats Matt, you must be doing something right so keep going dude. /crosses fingers for the "deal"Rob
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.