First Forward to a label

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

First Forward to a label

Post by aubreyz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:56 pm

Just got the news. We made this one! Okay... so it's not exactly EMI or anything, but we're pretty stoked to be passing the bar.A wide range of commercial-sounding MODERN/INDIE ROCK & EMO ARTISTS a la the Killers, Razorlight, the Kaiser Chiefs, Rilo Kiley, Muse, Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the Shins, etc. are sought by an Int'l Record Label based in Germany [with regional offices in Singapore]. They're looking to license completed CDs for distribution in the Asian market. For those submitting online, if you're forwarded and they're interested, they'll contact you for your full CD. Songs must be Master Quality. Please submit two to three songs online OR for ground submissions submit your FULL CD indicating which 2-3 songs you want screened; include photo and bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than July 26, 2007. TAXI # S070726IRAnd here's the results:Congratulations Aubrey,Your song(s), Dooya Doncha & Psychedelic Sneakers, were forwarded to XXXXXX for listing # S070726IR! Your critique is available for viewing...The critique was very encouraging on Sneakers he/she said:What a good song. Forward. Forward.For Dooya:Another good one, nice job guys, I like your sense of pop and catchy hook creation. Very listenable. I'd play this again and again if I had the time.And overall text comments:Male vocal based AAA rock pop.Aubrey, I had no problem forwarding these songs as they entertained me for sure. Nice hooks all over the place and a colorful but pleasurably chaotic production.The sound quality was good.Very catchy sound overall. Hooks that come in the verses and choruses and attractive sound sculpting and performances.All 8's on the critique. Whether we hear from this label or not--- this is a good sign that we're hitting the target, which is the main reason I joined Taxi in the first place!!! So it was almost a year from... "not on target... dated sounding... " to the current string of forwards. Thanks Taxi! --- and you forum members. Lot's of work still to do, but we're getting there!!!!Aubbtw, you can hear the songs on www.myspace.com/thegypsyvanor www.taxi.com/aubdelane

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: First Forward to a label

Post by hummingbird » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:16 pm

CONGRATS AUB!!!! I'm not surprised at all!! Good for you. And I wish you many more - and lots of deals, too!!!hugsHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:21 pm

Cool dude. I crank up "Psychedelic Sneakers" when I time jump these days. You should see the string elements dance as I modulate dimensions! bc

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:46 pm

hey aub,that's cool - congrats!it's great to get positive feedback as an artist.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:15 pm

Great job, Aub!! Hope you hear from them and kudos for the great reviews too.

oneson

Post by oneson » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:00 pm

That's good news, we put alot into our art it's always good to see the fruits of your labor. www.onesononeson.com One SonThe Voice:From Bama 2Baghdad

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kg » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:37 am

Awesome! Nice job and I think it's great that you pointed out that you've worked your way from "dated..." to "current..." Congratulations...fingers crossed that something great comes out of it for you.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:40 am

Congrats!Not bad for an' old rocker!! It's all happening for you these days... We are all rooting for you... Casey

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 am

Belated congrats, Aub. You deserve everything you get....you've worked very hard.

jaxsn
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jaxsn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:59 am

Aub Delane? Congrats. I have a question, Does all forwards get a critique?or is it something that you have to pay extra for?jaxsn