First Listing Submissions and Questions

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JayJayStudios
Active
Active

First Listing Submissions and Questions

Post by JayJayStudios » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:47 am

Hi all you beautiful people,

Got a couple of question that I hope someone has an answer to :D Would appreciate it very much :)

1. When I have a small vocal chop (without lyrics) in an instrumental, and it keeps coming a couple of times, is it still considered an instrumental?
In my books: yes. What do you say?

I submitted a song with the aforementioned vocal chop on a listing that needed country/hiphop instrumentals in the style of couple of famous cowboy trap songs.
https://www.taxi.com/members/y2sIT2nVRF ... ern-ghetto

Wondering if that is still okay with the small vocal line or if that is a reason to get rejected with that song?

2. Another conescutive question: how can I post a link to a listing that closed just yesterday? :D So you guys know exactly what listing I'm talking about in the question before.

3. Do you see a chance to land a contract or so with one of the firms? Is the quality enough I do, is there a chance an Agent will use one of my songs independent of a listing, or shall I just keep on producing songs for listing specifically (which I did in the past couple of weeks).
https://www.taxi.com/members/y2sIT2nVRF ... ay-studios

Feedback is always welcome! :)

4. Can I submit a song for a listing that is fitting for another listing as well (talking about that "getting" popular country cowboy kind of trap hiphop for example), if it makes sense?

Kind regards, Jake

EDIT: In the meantime I could answer a couple of the questions with forum threads and common sense hehe.
1. It's fine as long as it is non-lyrical. Got a forward yesterday for the western ghetto song.
2. Still don't know how I can post a listing that has passed. I found out I can still see it on my profile though in a submenu.
3. Got two forwards yesterday out of 4. So I guess it is an okay ratio. I hope some company gives me a chance haha
4. I guess yes, but what do you guys say?
Last edited by JayJayStudios on Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: First Listing Submissions and Questions

Post by WSAO » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:43 pm

Mate, links are not working.

JayJayStudios
Active
Active

Post by JayJayStudios » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:11 am

WSAO wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:43 pm
Mate, links are not working.
Thanks for letting me know man!

Yeah I honestly don't know why, but the first link should be fixed now. Used the share/copy function from the site directly, instead of the URL together with the [URL] tags from the forum.

I hope it is fixed now?

JayJayStudios
Active
Active

Post by JayJayStudios » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:15 am

Made an EDIT to the initial post and question ^^

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:21 am

Nope, links still not working for anyone else even if they work for you. Remember that only you are logged in to your account and the rest of us are not, so you have to make things 'public' for us to see them. EVERY new person on here has the same problem but it seems beyond the powers that make it easier to avoid the frustration and endless responses saying 'link not working'. :shock: :roll:

If you want to test things, try logging out of your Taxi account then clearing your browser cache, then click on your own links. If you get a 404 error then that's what we're all going to get too.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:43 am

What Graham said ^^^

There are settings to make your account page 'public'. That must be done first, then each uploaded song must be 'public' as well.
On the RH side of the page, click on Edit Profile. At the top of that page is the "public - viewable by anybody" button. Then each song has an 'edit' pencil icon that takes you to the page for those settings. Hope to hear your stuff soon!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:02 pm

JayJayStudios wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:47 am
1. When I have a small vocal chop (without lyrics) in an instrumental, and it keeps coming a couple of times, is it still considered an instrumental?
I'd say yes.
JayJayStudios wrote:
2.how can I post a link to a listing that closed just yesterday? :D So you guys know exactly what listing I'm talking about in the question before.
AFAIK you can't. Posting links to listings is often another frustration as it can take us to the top of the listings page rather than any specific listing. The best method is to copy/paste the full listing PLUS the working links to ref tracks. If you read the posts of others seeking feedback you'll see that is what most do.
[BTW its a good idea to spend some time here looking through the various forums to get a 'feel' for how to get the best from them.]
JayJayStudios wrote:
3. ....... is there a chance an Agent will use one of my songs independent of a listing, or shall I just keep on producing songs for listing specifically (which I did in the past couple of weeks).
Keep making new tracks for listings. ONLY tracks that are a very good fit for any listing will be forwarded to the library who ran the listing, and there's no guarantee they will offer a contract on any of the tracks that do get forwarded. That depends on track suitability and quality, but also many other things too.
JayJayStudios wrote:
4. Can I submit a song for a listing that is fitting for another listing as well (talking about that "getting" popular country cowboy kind of trap hiphop for example), if it makes sense?
There is no point submitting a track for any listing unless it is a good fit as it will only be returned by the screeners. However, until you've signed a contract on a track it is yours to do with as you please, including submitting to other appropriate listings. Once that track is under license then you need to adhere to the terms of the license agreement.

JayJayStudios
Active
Active

Post by JayJayStudios » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:17 pm

I don't understand why it isn't working. All my songs are in public and also I shared via the offical linking.

https://imgur.com/a/NZxFuNH

Oh dude you were right, my profile wasn't on public. Damn didn't know that. Know it is on public. My songs were already. Hope the links work now^^*

sorry guys

JayJayStudios
Active
Active

Post by JayJayStudios » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:28 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:02 pm
JayJayStudios wrote:
I'd say yes.
JayJayStudios wrote:
2.how can I post a link to a listing that closed just yesterday? :D So you guys know exactly what listing I'm talking about in the question before.
AFAIK you can't. Posting links to listings is often another frustration as it can take us to the top of the listings page rather than any specific listing. The best method is to copy/paste the full listing PLUS the working links to ref tracks. If you read the posts of others seeking feedback you'll see that is what most do.
[BTW its a good idea to spend some time here looking through the various forums to get a 'feel' for how to get the best from them.]
JayJayStudios wrote:
3. ....... is there a chance an Agent will use one of my songs independent of a listing, or shall I just keep on producing songs for listing specifically (which I did in the past couple of weeks).
Keep making new tracks for listings. ONLY tracks that are a very good fit for any listing will be forwarded to the library who ran the listing, and there's no guarantee they will offer a contract on any of the tracks that do get forwarded. That depends on track suitability and quality, but also many other things too.
JayJayStudios wrote:
There is no point submitting a track for any listing unless it is a good fit as it will only be returned by the screeners. However, until you've signed a contract on a track it is yours to do with as you please, including submitting to other appropriate listings. Once that track is under license then you need to adhere to the terms of the license agreement.
perfect, thanks mate! that answered a lot of things ;)

yeah I only submit songs to listing that are really fitting, otherwise there is no point in it!
But I'm also asking myself (heard it from the guy who recommended taxi to me, another producer) if agents will see songs and think it is a fit, without me submitting them to a specific listing.
Is there a chance they browse my profile or browse for specific keywords that I can deliver with with my songs?

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:31 am

JayJayStudios wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:28 pm
But I'm also asking myself (heard it from the guy who recommended taxi to me, another producer) if agents will see songs and think it is a fit, without me submitting them to a specific listing.
Is there a chance they browse my profile or browse for specific keywords that I can deliver with with my songs?
Extremely unlikely. Taxi posts listings, you submit tracks, then Taxi screeners screen them. Tracks considered unsuitable are returned and that's the end of their journey. Tracks considered suitable are forwarded to the library who asked for them. That library might choose all, some, or none of those tracks to take further. At that point they might get back in touch with the writer, and part of that discussion might include a request for similar tracks, but that's all outside of Taxi.

The only exception I can think of is where a talented composer occasionally posted tracks in the Peer-To-Peer forum for other Taxi members to review before he submitted them to listings. A library owner who happened to be visiting the forums was impressed by what he heard and also the way the composer conducted himself on these forums, and then made contact with him. Its a very rare thing and although it could happen again its not the easiest, fastest or most reliable way to make contact with a library. I would say that its better to be pro-active rather than simply hoping to be discovered, otherwise all the other contenders will get there ahead of you.