First placement EVER!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: First placement EVER!

Post by gitanosoy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:53 am

Hi Tom,
Big congrats! Really happy for you, maybe you will think twice on the "Hobby" part now. 60 seconds that's a long airplay, let me know when you but your 47 FT yacht and throw a party on it. :lol:
Can we hear the track?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:05 pm

CTWF wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:15 am
Telefunkin wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:48 am
Hey Graham

No insult meant to anyone, but I am fully aware that the speed of production has to be stepped up a lot from where I am to make anywhere to a reasonable side income.

I reached my most important goal - which was a proper placement - in this hobby of mine. I reached two out of three stated goals, and the first one (increasing my TAXI forward rate, which has not materialized) does not matter anymore, because it is much more important to instead improve my acceptance rate with actual libraries. But the reason for goal 1 was goal 3, which has been reached.

It's a hobby, so I do whatever I feel doing, but today I might churn out another track for a library briefing after having already finalized one since yesterday. I almost feel like Charlie already... :D

I agree with your sentiment: It is an endless row of opportunities for enjoying music production with potentially beneficial side effects.

Tom
Nothing wrong with it as a hobby as long as you know it and are fine with it. I've always considered my music work as a hobby as I tend to spend more money than I make, even with lots of placements now. I do it for the love of knowing my creations made it to TV (hopefully movies one day!).

Not everyone is wired the same way and that is totally cool! 8-) 8-)

Congrats again!
:D Casey

RobertElse
Impressive
Impressive

Post by RobertElse » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:34 pm

Congratulations! May a trickle gradually become a flood!
Robert

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jdstamper » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:58 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:05 pm
CTWF wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:15 am
Telefunkin wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:48 am
Hey Graham

No insult meant to anyone, but I am fully aware that the speed of production has to be stepped up a lot from where I am to make anywhere to a reasonable side income.

I reached my most important goal - which was a proper placement - in this hobby of mine. I reached two out of three stated goals, and the first one (increasing my TAXI forward rate, which has not materialized) does not matter anymore, because it is much more important to instead improve my acceptance rate with actual libraries. But the reason for goal 1 was goal 3, which has been reached.

It's a hobby, so I do whatever I feel doing, but today I might churn out another track for a library briefing after having already finalized one since yesterday. I almost feel like Charlie already... :D

I agree with your sentiment: It is an endless row of opportunities for enjoying music production with potentially beneficial side effects.

Tom
Nothing wrong with it as a hobby as long as you know it and are fine with it. I've always considered my music work as a hobby as I tend to spend more money than I make, even with lots of placements now. I do it for the love of knowing my creations made it to TV (hopefully movies one day!).

Not everyone is wired the same way and that is totally cool! 8-) 8-)

Congrats again!
:D Casey
Exactly right Casey! Well said ... Jim
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:37 pm

Congrats on this amazing accomplishment! The first one is always the most special! Enjoy this moment!

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:07 pm

That's wassup!!! HUGE congratulations to you! This is a big, big deal. You know, I'm still getting paid royalties for my very first placement, which was back in 2013 or thereabouts. The money has largely whittled down now that the episode doesn't play all that often on re-runs anymore, but I'm still getting SOMETHING for it after all these years. Talk about money for nothin'! Here's to hoping your first is every bit as evergreen as mine.

~~Matt

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:04 am

CTWF wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:57 am
My greatest joy in all of it was that my kids (9 and 3) where doing a little dance with me when I told them! :D
Tom
Thanks for sharing this, Tom! Wonderful to imagine the scene!

SteveBaruah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveBaruah » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:17 am

Congrats, Tom! I live in Austria. What show was it on?

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Susanstunes » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:05 am

Tom that's exciting! Amazing how it works, isn't it?

Susan

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:39 am

Dude total congrats your music is excellent

Ron :)
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org