First publishing deals!!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

petecheckleysound

First publishing deals!!!

Post by petecheckleysound » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi all,

I joined in April this year and I'm pleased to announce that at the end of July I signed my first publishing deal. Seven of my tracks have gone into their library so I couldn't be more chuffed. About a week later after signing my first ever contract, as second exclusive library contacted me via a Taxi forward and asked for five exclusive tracks to be written for them. Second contract signed and the tracks have been sent off!

I'm chuffed to pieces but i think where Taxi is successful is clearly the hard work they put in getting our music up to standard via critiques and getting it heard by the right people. Even once I had been accepted by libraries, I still had changes to make, improvements to be made and needed to become a better at producing and mastering. While only doing music production for a short amount of time, I feel through Taxi I have upped my game considerably in the last six weeks to match the demands of the industry. That to me alone is worth the subscription fee as I would have happily plodded along at my own pace and continued to make rookie mistakes!

The best bit is, because of Taxi, I have a lot of work on! I've been on holiday twice since the end of July and still managed to submit to five more listings with two of those resulting in forwards so far, the rest pending!

Thank you Taxi, and thank you to forum members for helping me out when I started a few months ago! What a great place to be!

Take care everyone!

Pete

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: First publishing deals!!!

Post by ttully » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:06 am

Congratulations Pete!!!
Keep up the great work!

Tim

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: First publishing deals!!!

Post by JohnnyP » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:31 am

petecheckleysound wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:08 pm
Hi all,

I joined in April this year and I'm pleased to announce that at the end of July I signed my first publishing deal. Seven of my tracks have gone into their library so I couldn't be more chuffed. About a week later after signing my first ever contract, as second exclusive library contacted me via a Taxi forward and asked for five exclusive tracks to be written for them. Second contract signed and the tracks have been sent off!

I'm chuffed to pieces but i think where Taxi is successful is clearly the hard work they put in getting our music up to standard via critiques and getting it heard by the right people. Even once I had been accepted by libraries, I still had changes to make, improvements to be made and needed to become a better at producing and mastering. While only doing music production for a short amount of time, I feel through Taxi I have upped my game considerably in the last six weeks to match the demands of the industry. That to me alone is worth the subscription fee as I would have happily plodded along at my own pace and continued to make rookie mistakes!

The best bit is, because of Taxi, I have a lot of work on! I've been on holiday twice since the end of July and still managed to submit to five more listings with two of those resulting in forwards so far, the rest pending!

Thank you Taxi, and thank you to forum members for helping me out when I started a few months ago! What a great place to be!

Take care everyone!

Pete
That's great Pete! Congrats on the two contracts and here's to more to come!Bbest, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com