First Quintuple Forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

andersenstorm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

First Quintuple Forward!

Post by andersenstorm » Tue May 17, 2022 8:02 am

#S220512SC SOUND DESIGN-Driven, SCI-FI-Style INSTRUMENTAL CUES.

I've loved this genre since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago. I read Stanislaw Lem a lot as a teenager. So different worlds, described natural along the story. Physically, psychologically, technically and philosophically concepts behind every story. I learned later, he had a card file for each write project with every detail on it how the world would be. 2001 by Stanley Kubrick was a key moment for me to adore the connected sound and visuell worlds someone can create. (Once Upon a Time in the West was another of these moments but another genre. Both opera, I guess :)
So I sat down and wrote a short list for the sci-fi files, what world and what situation it should represent. It didn't match in every little detail but in generally. That was fun and hard work in one.
A forward for all five—I'm happy!

I'm in writer mode. I have to submit two articles by the end of the week. :-)

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Re: First Quintuple Forward!

Post by Rolf » Tue May 17, 2022 10:09 am

Congratulations, five is an impressive number. With 17 forwards overall you might have a good chance to hear back from the library. Kudos from Germany. I could do this all day long. :-)

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Tue May 17, 2022 11:01 pm

That is truly amazing! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! (Five times.)

BTW the link at the bottom of your post forwards to https://andersen-storm.com/bio -- which gives a 500 server error.

===
Michael

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed May 18, 2022 12:37 am

Well done. I always feel like there's a better chance of being contacted if they have a bunch of tracks from you.

Good luck for hearing back about a deal.

andersenstorm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by andersenstorm » Wed May 18, 2022 7:59 am

irthlingz wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:01 pm
That is truly amazing! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! (Five times.)

BTW the link at the bottom of your post forwards to https://andersen-storm.com/bio -- which gives a 500 server error.

===
Michael
Thank you, five times, Michael! :-)
And a sixth time for the website hint! Fixed, for now!

andersenstorm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by andersenstorm » Wed May 18, 2022 8:02 am

Rolf wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:09 am
Congratulations, five is an impressive number. With 17 forwards overall you might have a good chance to hear back from the library. Kudos from Germany. I could do this all day long. :-)
Thanx, Rolf! Good luck both of us!

andersenstorm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by andersenstorm » Wed May 18, 2022 8:03 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:37 am
Well done. I always feel like there's a better chance of being contacted if they have a bunch of tracks from you.

Good luck for hearing back about a deal.
Thank you, cosmicdolphin!

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Tue May 24, 2022 7:26 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:37 am
I always feel like there's a better chance of being contacted if they have a bunch of tracks from you.
I've always debated myself on this... there's the "I have a lot of this kind of track, here are a bunch" submission concept, but it can get expensive. Then there's the "I can do what you want, but I'm not going to send a bunch of tracks in... either you like it and will contact me or not" camp.

I'd love to hear this question asked at a Taxi customer panel at the Rally. "Does it matter to you if you receive 4-5 tracks from the same composer in Taxi's batch of forwards they send you? Does this influence your decision making process in any way?"
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue May 24, 2022 2:47 pm

Paulie wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:26 am
I'd love to hear this question asked at a Taxi customer panel at the Rally. "Does it matter to you if you receive 4-5 tracks from the same composer in Taxi's batch of forwards they send you? Does this influence your decision making process in any way?"
A lot of libraries seem to think it's not worth doing all the paperwork to onboard a new writere for one track and ask for at least 4 or 5 in my experience, although all my Taxi ones cam from single submissions.

andersenstorm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by andersenstorm » Wed May 25, 2022 7:47 am

I would like to participate in this discussion, but I lack experience.