First request for comments. Urgent--Short Deadline.

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SCPos2

First request for comments. Urgent--Short Deadline.

Post by SCPos2 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi, folks. This is my first time on this forum. The opportunity I want to submit to is U160106SR, which calls for 70's rock. The deadline is Jan 6, so there's some urgency. You can hear the tune at https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuww87xlf24wo ... r.mp3?dl=0. Unfortunately, attempts to load it to my Taxi page failed; it says that it succesfully uploaded, but press "play," and all you'll hear is a squeal. The lyrics are there, though. If you want to see them, go to Taxi.com/steveposner. The name of the song is "The Girl Says."

Thank you in advance. I look forward to your comments, and will return the favor to all members of this group to the best of my ability.

Best,

Steve

TimWalter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: First request for comments. Urgent--Short Deadline.

Post by TimWalter » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:51 am

Welcome to the Peer To Peer section..

Id try erasing the song on your taxi page and re-loading it (fi you havent submitted yet). Otherwise if you have submitted, Taxi webpage wont allow you to erase it until it has been reviewed. In that case, taxi webpage does allow you to upload new mp3's. Hit the edit button and you can upload a new file. The screeners will only listen to what you upload onto the taxi site, so if you continue to have problems maybe you could call taxi, screeners (to my understanding) wont go to a dropbox to get a song to listen to.

All the best luck and good fortune to you, hope you can get it sussed out.

Regards,
Tim
Tim Wolf
Nashville

"Nashville-based Romantic Rebel singer-songwriter making alternative songs for those who need a second chance"

www.thetimwolf.com

TimWalter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TimWalter » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:05 am

Steve
I just went to your page and listened to the song. Looks like you reloaded it and it plays fine.

I then looked up the listing you mentioned.

I am sure there are much better and more seasoned Taxi members well versed on style mimicry/on target listings, but since no one else has commented I'll take a stab.

I listened to your song, and the stylistical similarities that jumpted out at me were JJ Cale (maybe because of the vocals?) and Grateful Dead. I did hear what sounded to me like the rhythm from ROlling Stones Miss You, and Rolling Stones is one of the references.

For a listing like this, where they list a number of different bands (some with very long histories and varied repetoire, like The Rolling Stones, and The Who), I find it difficult (for myself) to find the sweet spot of what the customer wants, but its a skill to be developed just like anything else. I would submit it and hear what the screeners say and learn from it. That's what I would do. Sorry my comments are not more pithy and substantive.

All the best.
Tim
Tim Wolf
Nashville

"Nashville-based Romantic Rebel singer-songwriter making alternative songs for those who need a second chance"

www.thetimwolf.com

SCPos2

Post by SCPos2 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:56 pm

Gentlemen:

I requested your comments back in January, and you were kind enough to provide them. Circumstances kept me off the forum since then, but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your advice and insight.

Steve