First Tailor-made dispatch song.... indie-rock

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First Tailor-made dispatch song.... indie-rock

Post by matto » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:32 am

Quote:Yeah, I've never been good at the yell-sing thing. My roomie has "the zen of screaming" dvd, I think I'll watch it sometime soon... I've always been more of a "sweet" singer, I'd love to work on that and get more aggressive vocally.Normally I submit songs from my band "chandelle", but we're kind of a hard sell because (like ever other band will say) it is hard to "genre-nize" our music. You can check it out on myspace as well.http://www.myspace.com/chandellethebandThanks for your input!-JessicaHi Jessica I really liked this song...then I went to the Chandelle myspace page and I LOVED those songs. "She will break" in particular is KILLER.I'm not sure why you say that music is hard to classify...seems to me it fits very comfortably under the AAA umbrella. I think lots of people in the tv/film/music library world would be very interested in material like that.I hope you're coming to the Road Rally...if so, please come say hi! matto

jpenner

Post by jpenner » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:22 pm

Hey Matto, Thank you, thank you. I will be attending the rally with some close friends.... I'm really looking forward to it. Still debating about buying a ticket for the a&r lunch, I'll probably wait until it's too late!!Toodles,Jessica

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:43 pm

Jessica-You'd better hurry...I just talked with Taxi today, and the Thursday lunch is already sold out - only Saturday tickets left! I haven't been to the Rally before, but from what I hear these lunches are a great opportunity for exposure.Hope to see you there!Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.