First TV placement w/ Lamar Pecorino!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

First TV placement w/ Lamar Pecorino!

Post by TerrellBurt » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:40 pm

Good afternoon everyone and good news! My frequent collaborator and a familiar face here on the forums, Lamar Pecorino, and I just landed our first TV placement together of our vintage inspired collab entitled "Not Strong" in the National Geographic miniseries, Genius: Aretha! The miniseries premieres tomorrow night, but our placement will be featued in Episode 7, which airs on Wednesday night.

In the summer of 2017, Lamar sent me an idea that he was working on and after sharing some ideas back and forth and making revisions to get the song just right, we got it referenced by a singer, mixed/mastered, and then pitched it to a TAXI friendly music library shortly after. Thankfully they accepted it into their catalog. This library has a cool feature where you can see what projects the song is being pitched to but to my surprise, it has only been pitched twice in the last three and a half years.

Doesn't sound promising at all right? But after some patience (which I always emphasize is extremely necessary in this line of work), Lamar and I got an e-mail last night informing us about the placement. This is Lamar's first placement with this particular library, so I am very excited for him, being that he was the mastermind of this project from the start!

Thank you TAXI for connecting me with talented co-writers like Lamar and to opportunities/libraries that can take our work to the masses. None of this would be possible without TAXI and I am eternally grateful.

You can hear "Not Strong" here https://soundcloud.com/tlburt17/not-strong and on Spotify, Apple Music, etc. starting this Friday, March 26th!

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: First TV placement w/ Lamar Pecorino!

Post by funsongs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:57 pm

Good job & great report, TEAM!
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Thanks for believing in the project, Terrell. Sharing this placement with you means a lot to me professionally and personally.
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:29 pm

WTG Fellas - Congrats

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:50 am

Congrats to both of you! Great song. Here is to many more :D

Tom

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Thank you for the kind words everyone, and especially thank you to Lamar.

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Well done!
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Thank you everyone! Here is a cool follow up story about this placement from my Facebook post earlier this week:

"So something cool just happened lol. My neighbor Susie approaches me as I’m walking up the driveway after a long day of work and says “So I’ve been living next to a celebrity the entire time?” And I was taken aback like huh? Come again?

So Susie’s coworker Nicolett has been raving about the Genius: Aretha series that aired last week on Nat Geo and she decided to look up the artists that she wasn’t familiar with whose music had been featured in the show. She comes across a songwriter from Orlando who had written a song that got placed in the show and she thinks that it is so cool that someone from her city had a song on the show she loved.

Nicolett does some Googling and shows Susie this Orlando’s artist website...Susie is shocked and says “What?? That’s my neighbor!” Nicolett thinks she is lying because of the coincidence, but Susie is just as surprised as Nicolett because I’m not one to walk around telling people that I’m an artist.

Susie never knew my last name until this moment, so she politely berades me with a bunch of questions about this and my musical endeavors as I was trying to make my way up the driveway holding my lunchbox and coffee creamer after a grocery store run. This was so cool and I wanted to share!"

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:43 pm

Congrats, Terrell & Lamar!
That's just great about your neighbor, Terrell! :) I'm glad that happened!

Merry