Fixing a Forward?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

convalian

Fixing a Forward?

Post by convalian » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:09 am

Hey Y'all!
This has happened to me a couple of times and I'm wondering if anyone knows the procedure on how this works.....

I just got a forward for the following listing.... which I am thankful for:

EMOTIONALLY UPBEAT, ACOUSTIC-Based INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an expanding International Music Library that needs lots of new music!

https://soundcloud.com/convalian-produc ... al_sharing

In the notes , along with the forward, the screener suggested that I turn down the bells in the cue to make it even stronger.....I totally agree

I usually get suggestions to strengthen with my forwards..........so my question is....once a song gets forwarded...is there a chance for revisions?

When I re-upload the new version to my profile, will that change the forward because in essence , I've changed the original track?

I hope this question makes sense.....Looking forward to your input!

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Fixing a Forward?

Post by CTWF » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:40 am

convalian wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:09 am
When I re-upload the new version to my profile, will that change the forward because in essence , I've changed the original track?
You can edit an uploaded file in your track list, but you can also edit the file in a submission - which is not the same thing. The changed uploaded file affects future submissions. The changed submission only affects that specific submission, but not others in the future. For that, you would have to change the uploaded file in the track list.

Once forwarded, I assume that no changes to the forward are possible (your track has left the house by that point) UNTIL a library contacts you. Then you can send them whatever you want - which is a little dangerous, too, if they expect A and then get B from you. Because maybe they like those loud bells... :)

Tom
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

convalian

Post by convalian » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:24 am

Thanks Tom, that makes sense....

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:27 am

The version of your track that was submitted is the one that will be passed on, so if the library like it and offer you a contract on want they've already approved then give them exactly that.

If they were to ask for revisions to your submission then follow their suggestions and not the screeners, unless the two happen to agree.

However, if you don't hear back following the forward, then you could follow the screener's suggestions ready for the next time you submit the track. You could do that now and be ready, but you should keep the version that was forwarded, just in case they get back to you later rather than sooner.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

convalian

Post by convalian » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:35 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:27 am
The version of your track that was submitted is the one that will be passed on, so if the library like it and offer you a contract on want they've already approved then give them exactly that.

If they were to ask for revisions to your submission then follow their suggestions and not the screeners, unless the two happen to agree.

However, if you don't hear back following the forward, then you could follow the screener's suggestions ready for the next time you submit the track. You could do that now and be ready, but you should keep the version that was forwarded, just in case they get back to you later rather than sooner.
Perfect, Thanks! I'll have both versions ready....

I'm really glad they make the suggestions.....the goal is always to make the best track possible but sometimes I feel like I'm in it so much I lose perspective....guess it will come with time!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:51 pm

In addition to all the good advice here, keep in mind that a comment from one screener is just that and if you don't get the same feedback from multiple REPUTABLE sources (other screeners, library a&r, etc.) it may not even be something to be concerned about.

If the library contacts you, they often will ask for multiple alt mixes with various instruments left out (no lead instrument, no drums, no [other instrument], etc.). You could always make an alt mix ("Bells -2db"). If this was a big problem, you wouldn't have gotten the forward.

Congrats!

:D Casey

convalian

Post by convalian » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:24 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:51 pm
In addition to all the good advice here, keep in mind that a comment from one screener is just that and if you don't get the same feedback from multiple REPUTABLE sources (other screeners, library a&r, etc.) it may not even be something to be concerned about.

If the library contacts you, they often will ask for multiple alt mixes with various instruments left out (no lead instrument, no drums, no [other instrument], etc.). You could always make an alt mix ("Bells -2db"). If this was a big problem, you wouldn't have gotten the forward.

Congrats!

:D Casey
Awesome! Thanks Casey!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun May 01, 2022 5:09 am

I think they are in too high an octave which makes them stand out too much

I would try doubling them an octave lower and just have the higher part be more subtle , with the lower part being the main one we hear.

I also noticed around 23s the timing between the lead bells and guitar chord changes sound a bit off. Maybe sticking to single strums on those three changes section would sound better.

Mark

convalian

Post by convalian » Tue May 03, 2022 11:25 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:09 am
I think they are in too high an octave which makes them stand out too much

I would try doubling them an octave lower and just have the higher part be more subtle , with the lower part being the main one we hear.

I also noticed around 23s the timing between the lead bells and guitar chord changes sound a bit off. Maybe sticking to single strums on those three changes section would sound better.

Mark
Thanks Mark, I'll try that!

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Rolf » Tue May 10, 2022 5:02 am

I would leave it as it is. When a library responds there is still time to talk about changes.