Flamenco Listing

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Flamenco Listing

Post by SubRivers » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:11 am

I haven't posted up any of my forwards before but I got the nod for the following listing a couple of weeks ago

Several TRADITIONAL SPANISH FLAMENCO GUITAR INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a U.K. Music Licensing Company with GREAT Worldwide Distribution and lots of awesome placements in Film and TV.

The track was included in Taxi top 10 for August which prompted me to post it up
you can hear it here : Spanish Nights

Have to mention gitanosoy's awsome foursome of tracks for the same listing - here's hoping we get contacted.

IanShortfall
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Flamenco Listing

Post by IanShortfall » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:44 am

Nice work love the tone you got on the guitar...

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 am

SubRivers wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:11 am
I haven't posted up any of my forwards before but I got the nod for the following listing a couple of weeks ago

Several TRADITIONAL SPANISH FLAMENCO GUITAR INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a U.K. Music Licensing Company with GREAT Worldwide Distribution and lots of awesome placements in Film and TV.

The track was included in Taxi top 10 for August which prompted me to post it up

Have to mention gitanosoy's awsome foursome of tracks for the same listing - here's hoping we get contacted.
Thank you for mentioning me in your post.

Hope they get some placements one day.

cheers.

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:48 pm

IanShortfall wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:44 am
Nice work love the tone you got on the guitar...
Thanks

And tone wise thanks - will look at the project to see what I did - my classical guitar is pretty sweet sounding whatever you do with it.

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:57 pm

gitanosoy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 am
SubRivers wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:11 am

Thank you for mentioning me in your post.

Hope they get some placements one day.

cheers.
You're welcome - your tracks are true flamenco.

I just made it up with mine from gipsy kings memory mostly and paco de luca

Just put it together like a puzzle

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:54 pm

Bit unfair on myself there - I just played what I felt at the time and it worked out

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:41 am

I am glad you realize and distinguish "pure flamenco" not many understand the intensity of this serious art form, there are actually close to 30 different forms and Rumba is only one of them, thanks to the Gipsy Kings they found a path way with their hit "Bamboleo" to introduce flamenco for those who have never listened to flamenco but at the same time opened up doors for people like Ottmar liebert, Jesse cook and many other like them to mislead people about what flamenco is and "Nuevo Flamenco" was born...(and trust me I am biting my tongue expressing my opinions about them).....if you haven't already have a listen to flamenco guitarists Vicente Amigo,Antonio del Rey,Pepe Fernandez...it is definetly the hardest form of guitar playing technicaly..I am still learning and practicing and am no where near what these guys play...Paco de Lucia is/was what Bruce lee is to Kung Fu..they achieve/recieve the highest standard of respect.

hopefully there will be another flamenco listing soon..not the most popular genre..fell out of my chair when I saw it. :D

Take care and thank you again for posting this.

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:10 pm

I'm curious as to what your opinon is on the Paco de Luca, Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin trio ?

Production music it's about useability as underscore rather than purity as an art form.
It needs to invoke the mood/emotion required, often in a form that the audience of the show or movie can digest, i.e. the pop sound of Gipsy Kings may be preferred over Paco De Luca.

Same is true for other genres as well - metal cues tend to be very tame compared to the real deal.

I pretty much give any guitar based music a go, so it is not really possible claim purity in so many diverse genres I get into and I think that is more the norm in production music than not.

Also I don't really think it matters - e.g. most "indian instro" cues are not the real thing and the libraries might not actually want them to be either as they may have a US midwest afternoon audience in mind.

Put it this way - if you apply a purity standard to what you are allowed to tackle as a guitarist you will box yourself in.

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:39 pm

That is a great album the trio..mastery of guitar playing.

I was talking in general not for writing in for libraries. It is true one thing I don't like sometimes that flamenco time signitures " traps you in a box" and doesn't give you the freedom to get out..again the forms like Soleares, bulerias, siguerias, fandangoes...e.t.c ..so you have to write and alter your melodies to fit in time signiture.

Paco brought some freedom to this when he introduced jazz to flamenco but still keeping it in the text/form.

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:32 pm

gitanosoy wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:39 pm
That is a great album the trio..mastery of guitar playing.

I was talking in general not for writing in for libraries. It is true one thing I don't like sometimes that flamenco time signitures " traps you in a box" and doesn't give you the freedom to get out..again the forms like Soleares, bulerias, siguerias, fandangoes...e.t.c ..so you have to write and alter your melodies to fit in time signiture.

Paco brought some freedom to this when he introduced jazz to flamenco but still keeping it in the text/form.
Ah gotcha on the library thing.

on the trio - for some reason only Paco hit home with me - never really listened to the other two outside of those recordings.

My instincts in classical guitar started when "Concierto de Aranjuez" popped up in the charts along with "Cavatina".

99% self taught so wasn't exposed to any formal training