Follow up with a publisher--?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Colleen

Follow up with a publisher--?

Post by Colleen » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:52 am

Dear Friends,
I recently had a Taxi submission forwarded and was contacted by a publisher who described the terms of his publishing deal and said he'd like to hear more like the one Taxi had forwarded. I quickly wrote and submitted two more, along with the original, posted them on Soundcloud and emailed him the private link, as requested. He replied to say he'd received them and would contact me if he needed any of them. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard back. My questions are--is it a good or not so good idea for me to follow up and if so, any thoughts on how/when to do so in a non-pushy (professional) way?

Feedback most appreciated:)
Colleen

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Follow up with a publisher--?

Post by MBantle » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:58 pm

Colleen wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:52 am
Dear Friends,
I recently had a Taxi submission forwarded and was contacted by a publisher who described the terms of his publishing deal and said he'd like to hear more like the one Taxi had forwarded. I quickly wrote and submitted two more, along with the original, posted them on Soundcloud and emailed him the private link, as requested. He replied to say he'd received them and would contact me if he needed any of them. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard back. My questions are--is it a good or not so good idea for me to follow up and if so, any thoughts on how/when to do so in a non-pushy (professional) way?

Feedback most appreciated:)
Colleen
Hi Colleen,
Wait another week and send a polite email. That's what I'd do.
Cheers,
Matt

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:23 pm

Don't sweat it. Just write and ask if he's had time to review them yet. He might have forgotten to get back, moving on to the next one, so a short follow up might be helpful for him too.
Ceo of my own life

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:14 pm

Will Do--Thnx for the advice:)