Following Up With Library

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mteezykeys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Following Up With Library

Post by mteezykeys » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:04 am

Hey Guys,

I recently took some of my amapiano cues that were returned by Taxi, revised them and sent them to a few libraries I already have relationships with. One of the libraries responded saying they would love to sign the 6 tracks I sent, and asked me to do 4 more to complete an album.
I sent the playlist with the new tracks about 2 weeks ago. Didn't hear anything back. Sent a follow up email last week and still haven't heard anything back.

How often should I continue to send a follow up email to be sure the library received the new tracks? I don't want to be the annoying composer with the library. The no response makes me feel as if maybe they no longer want to sign the tracks and maybe I should keep pitching them other places. Any comments and responses appreciated.

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Following Up With Library

Post by superkons » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:37 am

A 2/3 weeks gap between follow-up emails is usually acceptable, consider also libraries may be pressed for time with other stuff
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Following Up With Library

Post by Casey H » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:15 pm

It sounds like you sent the first follow up email around a week after you sent the tracks which is a bit fast. I'd give it another 2 weeks before sending another email. These folks are busy and you don't want to come off as annoying (not that you necessarily are).

Congrats on the deal! And you probably would have never written in this genre if it weren't for a Taxi listing!

:D Casey