For the love of Rally, post your highlight here!

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

For the love of Rally, post your highlight here!

Post by sgs4u » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:57 am

I just didn't know how great it could be... so many priceless moments, but one will always stand out. I arrived on Fri @ 10:30am, after Michael's opening session. I sat down in the Grand Ballroom and heard someone call my name. It was a great buddy, I used to share a house with in Vancouver, 20 years ago. We'd even tried to write a song together, a long time ago. He proudly asked me if I was in the room for the opening remarks, and I told him I was bummed I missed them. He proceeded to tell me that Michael had quoted 2 things I posted here, a while back, IN THE FIRST 10 SECONDS OF HIS OPENING SPEECH. I was completely and utterly blown away. Then I heard my name being called again, behind me. It was Michael himself, welcoming me with a great big bear hug, and we'd never even met before. It's hard to describe how deeply that affected me. Those of you that know me, also know about my self-confidence issues. Let's just say, I was higher than a kite on love for the entire weekend. There were tears of joy stinging my eyes, many moments over the weekend, but that was definitely my most special. Thank you Michael Laskow, and everyone else riding the love wave at this beautiful and astounding weekend. steve soucy (a gilbert)