Forum Newbies... a few thoughts+FAQs

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Forum Newbies... a few thoughts+FAQs

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:28 pm

ericlewis wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:48 pm
so there is no official list of forwards. those links are strictly voluntary. thanks!
The list is official - whether or not the tracks can be linked to depends on the privacy settings of the member

calvinallen450

Post by calvinallen450 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:26 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Calvin Allen. My "Band Name" is Brother Calvin Allen. I am a newbie on the forums. I am looking forward to learning as much as possible from you guys, and contributing whenever I can. Thanks for having me on the forum. I'm looking around to familiarize myself with the information that is being offered. And, I have some questions that I will ask as I go along.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:32 pm

calvinallen450 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:26 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Calvin Allen. My "Band Name" is Brother Calvin Allen. I am a newbie on the forums. I am looking forward to learning as much as possible from you guys, and contributing whenever I can. Thanks for having me on the forum. I'm looking around to familiarize myself with the information that is being offered. And, I have some questions that I will ask as I go along.
Welcome Calvin!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

glennjamin

Post by glennjamin » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:34 pm

Hi All,

Definitely a newbie finally showing their face after signing up and having things come up my first year on board.

I'm Glennjamin and my current music project is called: Just Your Frequency (Like an Indie Pop Electronic

My favorite band is Blink-182 -- so if there are any fellow fanatics on here feel free to chime in ^_^

The last year (since early 2021) I started to focus on working on DIYing my own mixes for songs. I'm a bassist, vocalist that enjoys crankin' out some jams and coming up with lyrics and melody.

Super looking forward to contributing and learning from those on the board to better myself. Here's to posting my own Taxi Sucess Story soon!

LJohnson

Post by LJohnson » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:30 pm

Looking ,for collaborators to sing and write songs with country music ,soft rock Christian. Some also to make my lyrics come to life with notes..thanks!!!!just starting out ots been a while

deluxesound

Post by deluxesound » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:00 pm

Hi my name is Eric and I'm getting back into music after bit of a hiatus. I had a couple synch placements back in the early 2000's with my band and looking to get back into songwriting and production. Looking to make connections, learn, create, find good songwriters and producers to collaborate with. I have some music business knowledge but sure much has changed since I was playing and writing. My styles range from singer songwriter, Pop, Rock and Pop, Indy Alternative, electro Pop.
Eric H
Tiki Reef Music

BrooklynCarragher

Post by BrooklynCarragher » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:48 am

Hey, guys new to Taxi looking forward to being part of the community :roll:
I am a co-founder of the Trackphone. I am also passionate about taxis because I want to open my own taxi agency

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:09 pm

I am a co-founder of the Trackphone. I am also passionate about taxis because I want to open my own taxi agency
:lol: :lol: :lol: Get thee, spammer!

LindsayH
Active
Active

Post by LindsayH » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:38 am

Hey everyone, I could use some advice as seem to really struggle with understanding some of the feedback I receive. For example, a recent listing S221012EM was after emotional piano songs which started with a subtle beginning and built to a crescendo. The comments given focused around that build missing but also on the pieces needing to be more uplifting. The build is a very fair point so I do take that onboard but no where in the listing mentions that these need to be positive uplifting piano songs, it specifically says emotional. I do keep trying but seem to miss the mark each time, any advice would be warmly welcomed. I had a similar thing with one of my Christmas songs called 'Forgive and Forget', I submitted, 1 piece of feedback explained its not Christmassy enough and another said it would be perfect for a Christmas listing given the holiday feel. Its quite confusing at times so any clarity would be warmly welcomed. Very excited to be coming along next week to the Rally too so can ask some questions then! :) Many thanks Lindsay

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:03 am

LindsayH wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:38 am
Hey everyone, I could use some advice as seem to really struggle with understanding some of the feedback I receive. For example, a recent listing S221012EM was after emotional piano songs which started with a subtle beginning and built to a crescendo. The comments given focused around that build missing but also on the pieces needing to be more uplifting. The build is a very fair point so I do take that onboard but no where in the listing mentions that these need to be positive uplifting piano songs, it specifically says emotional. I do keep trying but seem to miss the mark each time, any advice would be warmly welcomed. I had a similar thing with one of my Christmas songs called 'Forgive and Forget', I submitted, 1 piece of feedback explained its not Christmassy enough and another said it would be perfect for a Christmas listing given the holiday feel. Its quite confusing at times so any clarity would be warmly welcomed. Very excited to be coming along next week to the Rally too so can ask some questions then! :) Many thanks Lindsay
Hi Lindsay... I would recommend posting the listing, the feedback, and a link to one song, in the Peer to Peer section of the forum, asking for help to clarify how the submission didn't match the listing.

It's also helpful to post the listing and a link to a track you plan to submit asking if it fits the brief.

Read other posts in Peer to Peer, read the listing posted and listen to the track, and try to hear what others have to say about the track. I found this to be very educational.

HTH
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website