forward "certificates"

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: forward "certificates"

Post by geo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:26 pm

It always amazes me that a "bitch" attracts more attention than a song in Peer to Peer..... GeoP.S. I think the certificates are silly.P.P.S. My one hangs in my studio.P.P.P.S. Mr. Clonsberry, good to see you again.P.P.P.P.S. I'd be happy if anyone called right now

trentoliphant
Impressive
Impressive

Post by trentoliphant » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:41 pm

I have seen what I consider some pretty lame certificates on display in people's offices. Each of them has meaning to the person that framed them and that is what matters.I can think of a few TAXI certificates that I would want to frame.My first one - (hopefully soon)My first one that turns into a dealMy first one that plays on the radio.My first one that turns into a #1 hit.Michael, thanks for your response. Everytime I read something by you I think about what a great company you run.Trent

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:48 pm

Quote:I have seen what I consider some pretty lame certificates on display in people's offices. Each of them has meaning to the person that framed them and that is what matters.I can think of a few TAXI certificates that I would want to frame.My first one - (hopefully soon)My first one that turns into a dealMy first one that plays on the radio.My first one that turns into a #1 hit.Michael, thanks for your response. Everytime I read something by you I think about what a great company you run.TrentAh, Trent, thanks for mentioning that. I still haven't printed out the certificate yet for the forward that just turned into my first deal. Will take care of that little detail tomorrow.
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

brennanhester
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by brennanhester » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:47 pm

Thanks for all the work you do, Michael. It's a shame that someone's stinging ego (I mean, c'mon, was yreppy's post REALLY inspired by certificates?) can turn into such a big scene, ultimately requiring you to take time from the tireless work that you do for us so that you can do damage control. Are the certificates a new thing? I've had a couple of forwards, but I've never seen a certificate. Watch how I can refrain from cryin' about it!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:36 pm

This music world of ours is filled with people at all levels in their journey. One person's taxi forward might be as important to that person as a record deal to someone else. On my wall I have a certificate of Honorable Mention in a Billboard Songwriting contest (I made the top 1500), an article about me, and a framed copy of an ASCAP check for $7.45. Are these big things? Well I could say I ONLY made the top 1500 in that contest.... or I could think about how many people would love to be there. To someone who has won many major contests, maybe getting that top 1500 thing wouldn't be as important. To someone whose been collecting a steady income from ASCAP, that $7.45 might be trivial.And the music world is a world full of disappointment and rejection. We are all humans and like something to brighten our day and give us acknowledgment that we are making progress.So please remember the simple thing: Everyone is at a different place in their journey. Casey

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:07 pm

Quote:This music world of ours is filled with people at all levels in their journey. One person's taxi forward might be as important to that person as a record deal to someone else. On my wall I have a certificate of Honorable Mention in a Billboard Songwriting contest (I made the top 1500), an article about me, and a framed copy of an ASCAP check for $7.45. Are these big things? Well I could say I ONLY made the top 1500 in that contest.... or I could think about how many people would love to be there. To someone who has won many major contests, maybe getting that top 1500 thing wouldn't be as important. To someone whose been collecting a steady income from ASCAP, that $7.45 might be trivial.And the music world is a world full of disappointment and rejection. We are all humans and like something to brighten our day and give us acknowledgment that we are making progress.So please remember the simple thing: Everyone is at a different place in their journey. CaseyExcellent post, my friend
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:21 pm

Ever seen this show before...Scene One - Anonymous Poster slams TaxiScene Two - Friendly forum groupies circle and try logic, reason, and sarcasmScene Three - AP continues slamScene Four - ML makes a cameo appearance and says please call me.Scene Five - Show abruptly ends without ever knowing the fate of our anonymous hero.Alls to do now is waits a few weeks for the rerun

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:26 pm

Quote:Ever seen this show before...Scene One - Anonymous Poster slams TaxiScene Two - Friendly forum groupies circle and try logic, reason, and sarcasmScene Three - AP continues slamScene Four - ML makes a cameo appearance and says please call me.Scene Five - Show abruptly ends without ever knowing the fate of our anonymous hero.Alls to do now is waits a few weeks for the rerun Wasn't that a song from the "Yellow Brick Road" album?... Yeah... it was called, "I've Seen That Movie, too".(but to be honest, I'm hoping we hear back from yrrepy. His stuff was pretty cool...)
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:30 pm

Aub,I wonder what would happen if no one dignified one of these posts with an answer.The initial post would disappear fairly quickly with the amount of activity lately.Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:36 pm

Quote:Aub,I wonder what would happen if no one dignified one of these posts with an answer.The initial post would disappear fairly quickly with the amount of activity lately.ChuckC'mon, Chuck. You know better.
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982