Forward for " Competition type show "

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Forward for " Competition type show "

Post by songmaster » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:03 am

Hey Everyone

I just got this forward for my song " We Belong Together ". Fingers crossed as usual :) The song is on my Taxi page if anyone is intereted.

Cheers

Tom

Y181129SS

CURRENT-SOUNDING SINGER/SONGWRITER ARTISTS/BANDS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Music Supervisor that’s working on a popular competition-based TV franchise. They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that would fit well on a playlist with the following references:

“Budapest” by George Ezra

“Lottery” by Jade Bird

“Call If You Need Me” by Vance Joy

Please submit top–notch Songs with captivating melodies and a solid song structure in the general wheelhouse of the references above. You can go with a relatively simple Stripped-Down Guitar/Vocal, Piano/Vocal performance, or small ensemble-based versions. A great vocal performance with a compelling delivery could really help you nail this request.

Although they didn’t ask for specific lyric themes, universal lyrics that avoid references to specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity could make your song more appealing. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Copyright and Master Recording, plus you’ll also get 100% of the Master License Fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control your Copyright and Master Recording to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs you’d like online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - Short Critiques only. We have it on good authority that somebody from the Music Supervision team might be screening these for TAXI, time permitting. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST), on Thursday, November 29th, 2018. TAXI #Y181129SS

nylyrics
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Forward for " Competition type show "

Post by nylyrics » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:37 am

That's great Tom! Exciting. Sweet Song.

Good Luck.

Andy

MSteinmann

Post by MSteinmann » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Congrats Tom!!
Cool song, there's something very soothing about it and I loved your vocals... Good luck!
Maya

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 am

Thanks Andy and Maya! I wish I could take credit for the vocals Maya, but it is another singer who did a work for hire for me. They did a great production all around.

Tom

Unstar
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Unstar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:35 am

songmaster wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 am
Thanks Andy and Maya! I wish I could take credit for the vocals Maya, but it is another singer who did a work for hire for me. They did a great production all around.

Tom

Really cool song. I enjoyed it very much! I'll keep that Nashville place in mind for my own bangers if I ever get to that point. It sounded great!
* Vocals / Lryics / Songwriting / Arrangement
* https://www.facebook.com/ClassOf82QC/
"It's the gear, not the ear." ~Beethoven

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Great relationship song, Tom! I love the unique way of conveying the "opposites attract" aspect! Great job!

Lyrics are incredibly inspiring and uplifting as usual, you got it goin' on manl!!
I listened to all three of the references and yours is better by far and far!!! Did I say by far?

Biggest Congrats, Tom!!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:46 am

Thanks Unstar and Dan! Yes Dan! I'm hoping the song will be of some use to a music supervisor for this listing. Fingers crossed as usual. Drew and his crew did a great job as usual. I would recommend them Unstar, if you're looking for a really great " one stop " shop for any genre. They do it all :) and the prices are very reasonable.

Thank you both!

Tom