forward for Jazz Song

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: forward for Jazz Song

Post by Casey H » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:07 am

Suuuuure.... Hold out on us... Hope you kick butt out there with it... Casey

pogodog
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by pogodog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:30 pm

Hummingbird and Matt , congratulations.RanG ;

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:34 pm

Hey Sparium, congrats to you as well!Hummingbirn and Matto, is there a reason you prefer not to post your pieces online? Do you feel it somehow devalues them for potential licensors? I've wondered about this before.In the meantime, here are the 2 pieces of mine that got forwarded for this listing:http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artist_ ... ID=37060"A Friend In Me" was written for a lifelong friend, and includes harmonies by a bunch of mutual friends of ours (I thought that was a nice touch)."Take The Night" was written for a TV spot for a high-end car dealership; they were looking for something elegent, modern, and sophisticated in a bossa nova/Sade style.These songs are pretty different in style, but this listing was fairly wide open.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:09 am

Quote:A Friend In Me" was written for a lifelong friend, and includes harmonies by a bunch of mutual friends of ours (I thought that was a nice touch)."Take The Night" was written for a TV spot for a high-end car dealership; they were looking for something elegent, modern, and sophisticated in a bossa nova/Sade style.just listened to them - I thought that "a friend..." has some lacks in the rhythm - these breaks where kickin' me out of the flow "take the night": a really cool & relaxed track!cheers,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:34 pm

Thanks for the listen/feedback Martin. Can you tell me which parts of "A Friend In Me" were throwing you rhythmically?Andre

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:42 pm

Quote:Thanks for the listen/feedback Martin. Can you tell me which parts of "A Friend In Me" were throwing you rhythmically?Andre Shure; it's on 0:22/23 and on 0:27 where I think the rhythm hurts the flow of the track, and at about 0:43 these tripplet on the classic guitar doesn't really fit the groove, at least in my ears
production, composition & stringed instruments

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:56 pm

Thanks Martin! I'll give it a listen and consider some changes.Andre

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:10 am

Andre,Loved "Take the Night". Very straight ahead and lovely. Has the right haunting feel."A Friend in Me" seemed to me to waver back and forth between jazz and folk in some strange way. But it is nice and some of the harmonies are wonderful. There is some annoying popping in the foreground, but I can't tell if it is something in the track or just Broadjam's player (or my computer) having a tough morning. If it is part of the track, then your percussionist wasn't on the same drugs as the rest of the band. Nice work and congratulations.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:33 am

Quote:Hi - I'm pleased to say that Matt & I received our first forward on our 'a la Norah Jones' composition. Cool!A wide range of smooth, warm, relaxed, radio quality-sounding JAZZ SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS a la Norah Jones, Brad Mehldau, Rhian Ayana, Natalie Cole, Medeski, Martin & Wood, Chris Botti, Diana Krall, Bob Baldwin, etc. are needed by a new Music Library run by two library industry pros. They have existing relationships with music supervisors for shows/films on ABC, NBC, the CW, HBO, Disney, MGM, Sony, Fox, Paramount + many others. Great lyrical hooks & performances are a must. They offer a non-exclusive contract [they re-title your song & you keep the copyright]. They wish to launch their company/site by early 2007, hence they need material ASAP. Broadcast quality needed [excellent-sounding home recordings are OK]. TAXI # D061121JZVikkiMega-congrats to you and Matto!Don't forget me when you are famous!! Casey

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:51 am

Quote:Quote:Hi - I'm pleased to say that Matt & I received our first forward on our 'a la Norah Jones' composition. Cool!A wide range of smooth, warm, relaxed, radio quality-sounding JAZZ SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS a la Norah Jones, Brad Mehldau, Rhian Ayana, Natalie Cole, Medeski, Martin & Wood, Chris Botti, Diana Krall, Bob Baldwin, etc. are needed by a new Music Library run by two library industry pros. They have existing relationships with music supervisors for shows/films on ABC, NBC, the CW, HBO, Disney, MGM, Sony, Fox, Paramount + many others. Great lyrical hooks & performances are a must. They offer a non-exclusive contract [they re-title your song & you keep the copyright]. They wish to launch their company/site by early 2007, hence they need material ASAP. Broadcast quality needed [excellent-sounding home recordings are OK]. TAXI # D061121JZVikkiMega-congrats to you and Matto!Don't forget me when you are famous!! CaseyThanks Casey. I won't forget you either way - but I thought I was already infamous here
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website