Forward for "POSITIVE, EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING INSTRUMENTAL"

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Anders
Impressive
Impressive

Forward for "POSITIVE, EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING INSTRUMENTAL"

Post by Anders » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:30 pm

After a row of 8 returns, my 5 latest submissions to different listings have all been forwarded which is a track record for me :D
(fingers crossed it will continue)

Thank you Taxi screeners for your kind words, truly appreciated!

Here is a link to the latest one:
https://soundcloud.com/akysound/optimistic7/s-mKIbE

POSITIVE, EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a really strong Music Library with tons of credits in big Feature Films, countless TV Shows, and plenty of TV Commercials! They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that would fall within the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references we got directly from our client:
Believe 1
Believe 2
Believe 3
Quoting The Music Library: "We need Instrumentals that can be used for moments of belief. Your Instrumental Cues should be hopeful, positive and forward-going in various structural forms/build-ups.”
Please give them quality Instrumental Cues in the inspirational, uplifting style of the references above. Your submissions should have primarily organic-sounding instrumentation, with a believable and authentic-sounding performance. Having an “advertising-friendly” sound and vibe (the kind that would work well as background music in a variety of media) could help get this company excited about signing your Instrumental Cue!
You’ll notice with each example that there’s a continuous and subtle development during the arrangement; so be sure to structure your Cue around a central melodic idea, while layering instrumentation in and out as your Cue progresses to add dynamics, forward movement, and to keep it from getting repetitive.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please also refer to the examples in regard to how they are structured. It’s NOT verse – chorus – verse; it’s rather a theme that evolves as it progresses. Also, there are mostly no prominent leads or melodies; instead, it’s built in the chords and the arrangement by a clever combination of patterns. Broadcast Quality is needed.
All submissions should be approximately 2 minutes long. Good edit points (when possible) and Non-Faded Buttoned endings are preferred.
This Music Library offers an EXCLUSIVE deal with a cool twist. You’ll keep 50% of all gross income generated by your music, plus you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share income generated by your PRO. In other words, if the company licenses your music under a blanket deal, you’ll get income. If they license it for a YouTube video, you’ll get income. Not all music libraries pay you for things like that! The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share.
Because this is an Exclusive deal, the music you submit for this pitch cannot already be signed with any other Libraries or Publishers. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Composition rights. Please send as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST), on Wednesday, December 19th, 2018.   TAXI #Y181219EU

/Anders

karlhourigan
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Forward for "POSITIVE, EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING INSTRUMENTAL"

Post by karlhourigan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Yeah, that sounds good, nice work!
"You do what you can - can't do much more than that" - George Harrison

http://www.gailandkarl.com
http://www.electricbard.com
http://www.themalarkeys.com

chrismh99

Post by chrismh99 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:43 am

Congratulations. I find upbeat stuff much harder to do. I'll have to work more at it :-)

Anders
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Anders » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:54 am

Thank you Karl and Chris!

/Anders

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Post by GuitarKit » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:59 am

Nice work Anders. I feel better already. Hope it does you well.

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nicotina » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:37 am

Nice work! I like the gurgling synth drone with the bass (or whatever that is). It grounds the tune so it doesn't sound too sappy.

Vince

Anders
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Anders » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Nice work Anders. I feel better already. Hope it does you well.
Thank you Kit, nice to hear :D
Nice work! I like the gurgling synth drone with the bass (or whatever that is). It grounds the tune so it doesn't sound too sappy.
Thank you Vince!
…yes, there is a synth pad/strings + muted guitars and bass as ”foundation” which pauses in the B section.