Forward for Taxi compilation

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Forward for Taxi compilation

Post by songmaster » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Hey Everyone. I just got this forward for the Taxi compilation. The song is " We Belong Together " this song seems to have legs as they say. If interested, the song is on my Taxi page. Here's hoping it finds a good home.

Tom

CONTEMPORARY SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed for a "Best Of" TAXI-branded Compilation/Playlist that will be sent to a long list of Music Supervisors, Music Libraries, Music Publishers, Ad Agencies, and Independent Film Makers!

Here’s the scoop: From time to time, TAXI proactively sends out shining examples of our members' best music to increase awareness among Industry Executives and end users. Not only do these compilations create exposure for the music on the playlist, but they also increase the number of industry requests we get for TAXI members' music.

We've tasked our A&R Team with finding great, “sync-able” Singer/Songwriter Songs. All songs will be judged on their “usability factor,” with TAXI's A&R Team members asking themselves, “Would this be desirable to an industry pro who needs music for a TV Show, Film, or Commercial?”

We’re looking for Songs in All-Tempos, in the general stylistic range of (but not limited to) the following references:

“Budapest” by George Ezra

“Be Ok” by Ingrid Michaelson

“Mountain To Move” by Nick Mulvey

“Oh My Blue Sky” by The Well Pennies

“Home” by Leo Stannard

“People Help The People” by Birdy

Season's Greetings: Let food unite

“I'm With You” by Vance Joy

Please submit CONTEMPORARY-sounding Singer/Songwriter Songs in the general wheelhouse of the references above. You can go with a relatively simple, Stripped-Down Guitar/Vocal (or Piano/Vocal) performance, or you could go with a small ensemble and a more complete arrangement. A great vocal performance with a compelling delivery could really help you nail this request.

Lyric Tip: Do your best to keep your lyrics on the “universal” side. Please try to avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. That’s not absolutely necessary for this request, but it could make it easier for a Music Supervisor or Ad Agency to use it!

Your Songs should be full length (approx. 3 to 4 minutes long). Non-Faded endings are recommended. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The songs you submit for this request CANNOT already be signed or locked into any type of Exclusive or Non-Exclusive Publishing deal. Your submissions must remain available for licensing for at least FOUR MONTHS after this Listing's deadline date. If an industry pro tries to sign your song and they can't, you could be putting your professional reputation at risk!

You need to own or control the Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Do NOT submit material that’s already been signed to ANY other publisher or catalog. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. Please include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - Short Critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT) on Thursday, June 6th, 2019. TAXI #Y190606SS

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Forward for Taxi compilation

Post by funsongs » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Good legs report. :? :P
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

roguenoisemachine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roguenoisemachine » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Congrats! I got forwarded for the same listing :) Looks like I'm in good company! Best of luck!

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:14 pm

Nice Tom! Congrats. That song could run a marathon with those legs ;) 2 of mine were forwarded for the other compilations. Here's wishing us both luck! Btw we need to talk at the Rally. Best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:44 am

Thanks Peter for your in depth report :lol: Much appreciated!

Congrats Anelda and John. Lets hope they all find a good home out there in music land. Yes, John, one of these days I will get to a Taxi Rally, just hasn't been in the cards lately.

Cheers

Tom

roguenoisemachine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roguenoisemachine » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 pm

JohnnyP wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:14 pm
Nice Tom! Congrats. That song could run a marathon with those legs ;) 2 of mine were forwarded for the other compilations. Here's wishing us both luck! Btw we need to talk at the Rally. Best, John
Well done on your forwards! Good luck!

roguenoisemachine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roguenoisemachine » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 pm

songmaster wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:44 am
Thanks Peter for your in depth report :lol: Much appreciated!

Congrats Anelda and John. Lets hope they all find a good home out there in music land. Yes, John, one of these days I will get to a Taxi Rally, just hasn't been in the cards lately.

Cheers

Tom
Thank you!