Forward to Licensing company

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DanielJung

Forward to Licensing company

Post by DanielJung » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:35 am

Hey hey, had a track passed to a Licensing company and was after a little info. I was curious as to whether I should immediately expect to hear anything back from said company, or if it will be silently on hand until they place it. any info would be much appreciated :) (from a general perspective)

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Forward to Licensing company

Post by JohnnyP » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Hey Daniel,
Congrats on the forward!
Before a library can use your track you'll have to sign an agreement with them. Taxi sends all your contact info to the library along with your song, and the library will reach out to you if they choose to sign your song/cue. Check the forwards blog to see how many others we're forwarded for that particular listing. That will help give you a look at your odds.
If the library wants to sign it, and of course that's a big if, it could take a few weeks/ months or longer..
Best thing in my opinion is to chalk a forward up to as "yeah I'm producing usable material!". Just keep writing more like the one that was forwarded. Best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

DanielJung

Re: Forward to Licensing company

Post by DanielJung » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:29 pm

Hey Daniel,
Congrats on the forward!
Before a library can use your track you'll have to sign an agreement with them. Taxi sends all your contact info to the library along with your song, and the library will reach out to you if they choose to sign your song/cue. Check the forwards blog to see how many others we're forwarded for that particular listing. That will help give you a look at your odds.
If the library wants to sign it, and of course that's a big if, it could take a few weeks/ months or longer..
Best thing in my opinion is to chalk a forward up to as "yeah I'm producing usable material!". Just keep writing more like the one that was forwarded. Best, John

Thanks mate :)