Forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lqrose
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Forwards

Post by lqrose » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:00 pm

This is sad....Not just the subject and the song...but the fact that I can't figure out how to upload a song that was forwarded. I've done it once before, but that was with a great deal of help from several kind folks here...and it was a couple of months ago.This is a song that I think is important....so I will keep trying....You might see me logged on for a while Does anyone have a simple way of doing this? I think it should be easier, but I haven't yet figured it out. BestLqrose

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Forwards

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Hey, Laurie.Are you trying to post a link to your TAXI hosting page?
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:09 pm

Where is the song Lqrose?Is it one of your own and is it with Myspace?Linzi (about as technical as a gherkin)

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Go to your TAXI hosting page and right-click on the "play" button of the song you're wanting to upload. Scroll down to where it says "copy shortcut" and click on it. then return here, open a new posting and when the cursor is in place and you're ready to type, hit "paste" from your cut and paste menu. DONE.I hope...
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:25 pm

BTW, I've had to modify that previous post twice to cover all the details. Hope I wasn't too late...
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

lqrose
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lqrose » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Thanks Ted,I'll try that.So much drama...I have decided to post everything I have a question about or want to have critiqued.....perhaps with practice I will get it...Many thanks...I'll get it sooner or later.Lqrose

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Lol "pain in the forwards" Well if you remember I didn't help you much at all! I'm no good with linking from a Taxi homepage but if it's somewhere else I'd say do a "copy - paste" with some right and left clicks.Right click on page with song.Go down list until you see "page info" something like that?! - My computer is French Highlight the URL/address by dragging mouse across.Right click - CopyRight click in message space - PasteI bet I made a mistake somewhere there good luck, you can do it!Linzi - "pain in the backwards"

lqrose
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lqrose » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:33 am

I think I finally got it..Thanks for listening.LqroseY080602HASONGS ABOUT WOMEN'S SHELTERS/DOMESTIC VIOLENCE are needed by a Music Publisher who has signed dozens of TAXI songs/writers, for a Compilation CD to raise social awareness through music. He's looking for songs in any style, that speak directly toward the issues that women face when going through situations that require escaping to a shelter for protection. He's not looking for a political or sterile view on the issue as a whole, but rather a personal/emotional approach to all the aspects that a woman must come to terms with. How did she come to her decision to leave? How would they like to do things differently in the future? What are the fears and feelings attached to such a situation and dilemma? Lyrics might encompass topics such as concerns about family/children, survival methods, courage, pain, hope, etc. Male or female vocals will be just fine and all tempos will be considered. The president of the company will screen these submissions himself. Artists/writers will be fairly compensated for each placement. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received by June 2, 2008. TAXhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=150114&stream=1Let it GoRainy Tuesday 5 a.m, the phone rings, she needs a friend.I can hear her children crying, but she’s trying to hold it in.He told them if he had a gun, she and her kids would be done.Any minute now he’s coming back, she knows they’ve got to run.So I find a place for them to stay It’s calm for a couple of days.Then he calls her on the phone And begs for her to come back home.She says, “Let it go.You don’t know that he can’t change.He didn’t mean it and he swears it won’t happen again.”Better days are just around the cornerAnd everything is gonna be fineI’ve got to believe we can make it workIf I let it go one more timeThe kids come home to her newest bruise; she’s on the floor of the living room.The boys help her to her feet, she cries with every move.Ashamed to ask for help tonight, she goes looking for a motel sign.And for a week when he tries to call, she cuts him off the lineAnd her daughter begs her to stay away From the rage that’s building every day.But she wonders who would take them all.So she gives in and takes his call.Let it go.I’m trying to take care of everyone.I’ve got to give my kids a home, I can’t do this on my ownBetter days are just around the cornerAnd everything’s gonna be fineI’ve got to believe we can make it workIf I let it go one more timeThey say a woman goes back many timesHoping things will change.Sometimes she can walk away.Sometimes it’s too late.A Friday morning clear and bright, they lay her broken body down.Her sons are silent through the prayers, her daughter didn’t comeCos she let it go.She gave and lost it all in the end.And sometimes hell is the only home for a sister, a daughter, or a friend.Better days were just around the cornerAnd everything was gonna be fineBut nothing was ever gonna make it workSo she let it go one last timeShe let it goPlease don’t let it goWe can’t let it goLet it go one last timeOne last timeMusic & Lyrics by Tony Lock/Janine Talbot/LqPickens© Tony Lock/ Janine Talbot/LQPickens 20

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:11 am

Laurie this is so sad and yet so beautiful. I expect it was tough to write but you seem to have captured a very difficult subject so perfectly. The music somehow brings about feelings of hope.Linzi

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Congrats.... great song... good luck with it.... Peace, Geo