Forword for SAD PIANO INSTRUMENTALS

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

KhaledHammad

Forword for SAD PIANO INSTRUMENTALS

Post by KhaledHammad » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:50 pm

Hello Fellows,
I got a forward for SAD PIANO INSTRUMENTALS (S200715SP) https://www.taxi.com/listings/S200715SP .. about a month ago
My track: https://www.taxi.com/my/artist/songs/_3 ... ne-i-miss#
As written in this listing: (This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal)
So, what is next?! by forwarding this piece of music does it mean that it is already now in their catalog or they will choose form all forwards they've got then if mine has chosen they will contact me!
and what about submitting it again in another submission? or do I have to wait for more?
I don't understand the mechanism yet!
but for sure I am glad to get my first forward, and got great advice with those submissions which didn't go well

Thank you guys and good luck for all of you
Khaled Hammad

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Forword for SAD PIANO INSTRUMENTALS

Post by funsongs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 pm

The link doesn't lead to the track - it is hooked to the TAXI homepage.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

JohnDroese
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by JohnDroese » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:46 pm

Congratulations on your forward Khaled! The link to your song is not working or you took your song down...
First I hope you put all of your contact information into the metadata of your mp3/wave file
second you track being forwarded only means that it was sent to the library that was looking for hat type of music does not mean it is in their library or even that they will listen to it..... just that they now have it..... that is why it is so important to put your contact information in the metadata because when they do get around to listening to it they may no longer have the email from Taxi....
Keep writing and by all means keep submitting it to other opportunities until the time a library sends you a contract.... Then it is locked into those terms and conditions

Best of luck
John

Peterg
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Peterg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:13 pm

JohnDroese wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:46 pm

First I hope you put all of your contact information into the metadata of your mp3/wave file
Do you need to put metadata in the files you submit?
How do you do that?

Peter

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:59 am

Congratulations on your forward! Others have given you good information about what to expect next and how things may go. Hopefully it'll land you a deal. Good luck!
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

KhaledHammad

Post by KhaledHammad » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:31 pm

JohnDroese wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:46 pm
Congratulations on your forward Khaled! The link to your song is not working or you took your song down...
second you track being forwarded only means that it was sent to the library that was looking for hat type of music does not mean it is in their library or even that they will listen to it..... just that they now have it..... that is why it is so important to put your contact information in the metadata because when they do get around to listening to it they may no longer have the email from Taxi....
Keep writing and by all means keep submitting it to other opportunities until the time a library sends you a contract.... Then it is locked into those terms and conditions

Best of luck
John
Thank you
Khaled Hammad

KhaledHammad

Post by KhaledHammad » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Pvgeldrop wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:56 am
It's not a bad habit to do so, but TAXI forwards the contact information with the track, so no, it's not a requirement as such. Libraries can always contact TAXI if they're missing the contact information. To prevent this from happening, adding metadata is a good measure of caution.

You can either add the metadata upon exporting the track from your DAW (this should be a standard feature in any DAW), or use a separate program to do so. MP3Tag has been mentioned on the forum several times for this, but there are plenty of other options that Google can help you with.
Thank you
Khaled Hammad

KhaledHammad

Post by KhaledHammad » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:33 pm

ComposerLDG wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:59 am
Congratulations on your forward! Others have given you good information about what to expect next and how things may go. Hopefully it'll land you a deal. Good luck!
Thank you, and wish good luck for all of us
Khaled Hammad