(Fourth) New Song..."Rear-View Mirror"

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

(Fourth) New Song..."Rear-View Mirror"

Post by tedsingingfox » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:55 am

OK, and next we have what I THINK might be my most favorite piece of this new stuff. Maybe. And I KNOW this new title is 100-times better than it's previous one... (Somebody suggested I call this "Bonnie & Clyde"... I liked that idea, but it seemed so specific as to be limiting.)so, again, please, let me know some styles/musical moods this could go for...thanks for giving a listen and taking the time to respond...Ted"Rear-View Mirror"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 6&stream=1
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: (Fourth) New Song..."Rear-View Mirror"

Post by aimusic » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:14 am

Hey Ted,I really dig this piece... Nice vibe you got going on there... It reminds me of (and don't laugh) Mrs Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel... don't ask me why - just sumin about it reminds me of that song....I'm listening on small speakers so I can't give crit on mix etc... but the overall vibe I really like!!!AWESOME WORK!!!Take CareB

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:21 am

Quote:Hey Ted,I really dig this piece... Nice vibe you got going on there... It reminds me of (and don't laugh) Mrs Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel... don't ask me why - just sumin about it reminds me of that song....I'm listening on small speakers so I can't give crit on mix etc... but the overall vibe I really like!!!AWESOME WORK!!!Take CareBAre you KIDDING me? I would NEVER laugh at being told my music is reminiscent of ANYTHING Paul Simon ever wrote. That's an amazing thing to say, thank you. (I'll have to listen with different ears when I get home... )thanks, B.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:25 am

ANYTIME Yeah I really enjoy how Paul SImon incorporated African Music into his songs... I come from South Africa where there's music called uBuntu which is a form of Traditional African Music, and he was a genius to put in his tracks!!!!Listening to your song again - REALLY COOL!!!!Good luck with this one - it's definately a winner!!!B

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:04 am

Quote:OK, and next we have what I THINK might be my most favorite piece of this new stuff. Maybe. And I KNOW this new title is 100-times better than it's previous one... (Somebody suggested I call this "Bonnie & Clyde"... I liked that idea, but it seemed so specific as to be limiting.)so, again, please, let me know some styles/musical moods this could go for...thanks for giving a listen and taking the time to respond...Ted"Rear-View Mirror"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... m=1TedThis track has a cool drive to it - great rhythms and build - really enjoyed it.Thank God you didn't call it 'Just One Last Cigarette, Please'

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:03 am

Another cool track Ted. I agree with amusic's comment about Mrs Robingson. I think it's the pattern played up in the higher register of the guitar that gives it that feel. This will be a good thing to get this placed since it has a certain familiarity but it is not so obvious. Remember that listing a few months back for the acoustic track with a "Californian feel" well I think this could have been submitted there. There'll be many opportunities for this in future listings.This track grooves along nicely and the mix sounds great to my ears with lot of space and breathing room. Derek

rayzer
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rayzer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:57 am

Wow. I love this song!Definitely driving music, but it could also be used under a scene when an individual or group of people take action to solve the problem/make it happen.Great job, Ted

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:03 am

nice~ mixed and panned so well...the stereo field u got goingis butter~that higher register of the guitar sounds like a a 'loose' mandolin!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:44 pm

thanks, again, y'all.And my engineer will certainly appreciate the compliment. I'm trying to convince him to get active with his TAXI membership. He's been a member for many years, but has never done anything with it. His hearing about my (VERY limited) success with the stuff we've worked up together is giving him a reason to reconsider. He's amazing. He plays 16 instruments (and is playing 90% of these tracks y'all have been hearing), and is a LEGEND in these parts. I don't even want to tell you how LITTLE he charges for studio time, by the hour, with no extra charges for playing.I'll gladly (and gratefully) pass this news on to him.Thanks, again.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by byllsong » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:14 pm

I like it TedI hear a bit of Island flavor in there. Ya Mon
Billy