Frankly - I'm insulted...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Frankly - I'm insulted...

Post by matto » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:35 pm

Quote:Yeah Matt - you are in a position where this has been successful enough for you that you automatically renew and would never receive one of these. Von, I get the same renewal notices everybody else gets...pep talks, bets with ML's wife etc etc, seen them all, trust me .Quote:If you were in a position where you have to figure should I rejoin TAXI or pay rent and keep a roof over my family's head - maybe you would see it differently. Von, but you know I've been in that position many times...maybe I should be insulted now because you seem to suggest that my modest success was somehow handed to me, that I didn't have to suffer and fight for it?...but I'm not going to, because I know that's not how you meant it...(I hope...) By the same token you should know that the Taxi renewal email is a form letter, is advertising, and not meant to question the commitment and initiative of you, one Von Babasin. Or shouldn't you?

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:38 pm

Quote:Big companies spend a lot of money on customer service.I wonder how much Taxi spends........0$ ...Form letters are used by just about any company, regardless of size and quality of customer service...

onoffon
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by onoffon » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:46 pm

Quote:you seem to suggest that my modest success was somehow handed to me, that I didn't have to suffer and fight for it?What I suggest in my reference to your success through TAXI is with complete honor and respect, with no inference to anything other than hard work and determination on your part.Anyone who manages any amount of success in music on their own gets my humble reverence...

onoffon
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by onoffon » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:53 pm

Thanks Johnny Dean - I know it was a form letter - it's nonetheless frustrating to read.I've been fighting to get upstream to reach the spawning grounds for so long, I can't remember what it's like to simply swim.Still I continue to throw myself against the rocks time and time again....

zowie

Post by zowie » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:46 pm

The only thing I found "insulting" was the "how to write a song"flyer I found in my Taxi starter kit.Melody,verse,bridge,chorus?What are these things I wonder?I forgive them now,I think.

zink
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zink » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:25 pm

Quote: Melody,verse,bridge,chorus?What are these things I wonder?I forgive them now,I think.I used to have a chorus pedal. Now if I could only find my verse pedal... I think it's next to the clutch

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:25 pm

Alright, what in the hell i goin on in here? Can I help sort something out?

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Post by 53mph » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:14 am

Von...ONOFF.Subscribing to a service like Taxi is no small financial feat for any of us. I've had my ups and downs too. At my height I was offered several management deals and was signed to two lables. Now I'm holding down a steady job whilst trying to still make it in music. Shit happens.I'm not rich and I'm currently selling some of my prized music gear to get the subscription money for Taxi and Broadjam together. I know I'm worth more than the position I'm in but I'm not going to vent my spleen at the world because the world hasn't given me what I think it should.Remember, it's a standard letter catering to the middle ground of subscribers....not neccessarily you. I think you just has a bad day and happened to read the advertising in the wrong moment. Zowie...ditto. Some people may find that starter kit useful.

onoffon
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by onoffon » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:47 am

53 - I think we all gotta 'vent our spleens to the world' just to keep from going insane.

bitwhys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bitwhys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:36 am

Vonquit being such a crumudgenand take my word for ityou don't have to stiff Laskow to prove you lack initiative
"Its a curious thing that God learned Greek when he wished to turn author - and that he did not learn it better" - Nietzsche