Fresh Ears - Need Opinion

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nknjmes
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Fresh Ears - Need Opinion

Post by nknjmes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback below. I'm going cut a little different vocal harmony tonight and submit it for the lawyer tv show dispatch.Thanks!

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Fresh Ears - Need Opinion

Post by ncc1701 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:50 pm

I like the sound - very current, and the short format may work well for film/tv placement. But through my laptop speakers, I completely lost the vocals when the full band came in at 0:35. Couldn't make them out at all.I wish I could offer the perfect solution, but mixing is not my strong point. I think the high frequencies in the drums and guitars are covering up the whispery vocals.I'm experimenting with EQ-ing by taking away frequencies rather than adding them. Each instrument needs its own "space" in the mix and right now they're all just crowding each other out.Here's where someone else with far more experience comes on and politely tells me I'm clueless. Anyone?Kathleen

nknjmes
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nknjmes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:22 pm

Yeah, it's a tv/film tune.I did bring down the vocals a bit in middle section. I kinda liked it better that way.Laptop speakers?? Jeez Kelysian! Ok fine, I'll bring them back up a touch

exiled
Active
Active

Post by exiled » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:28 am

I would also suggest bringing up the vocals a bit in the full band section. Aside from that it sounds pretty good... I'm not so sure about the high pitched backup vocal I hear around the middle... it sounds a bit pitchy in parts... But maybe that's just me, I dunno.What listing are you thinking of submitting this for?

nknjmes
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nknjmes » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:38 am

I'm going to use an instrumental mix for the UK Pop/Rock instrumental listing. Not sure yet on the vocal mix.