Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AsburyParkAngel
Active
Active

FRESH PRODUCTIONS for female songwriter

Post by AsburyParkAngel » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:08 pm

Hello,
I just got my TAXI feedback for S22531AB, "Obituary" I composed it joyfully, (about 7 moths after leaning the guitar! it for my second album, Asbury Park Angel around 201, (delivering telephone books to fund my recording sessions. At the time, I was performing, Alanai,s Joni Mitchell and Sade tunes for my restaurant gigs. This song uses some minor, suspended chords, but it love to re record it in a more Groove-oriented and current style with a permanent song writing partner, Keyboardist who can lay drums-percussion. I'd be happy to chip in some funds as a love gift

htps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GleLVrBfsqk

I also have a Sade type spoken word- hip-hop song I'd like to work on redo.

https://soundcloud.com/user-702069440/s ... the-jungle

I run a tiny non-profit outreach fro hurting single moms, vets, handicapped & homeless in south NJ if you're interested in why I do music.:

https://anitaivetteferrerasburyparkangel.org/

I would LOVE to get a TAXI forward!

AsburyParkAngel
Active
Active

Re: FRESH PRODUCTIONS for female songwriter

Post by AsburyParkAngel » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:55 pm

I CANNOT believe that 61 people read my post and not one response. I thought people here wee family and care to help out!:(

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: FRESH PRODUCTIONS for female songwriter

Post by melodea » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:11 am

Hi Anita,

What did the screener say? IMO you have a voice with potential but your songs need some serious work in terms of form, chords versus melodies, just what you call songwriting in general. I heard some nice and interesting phrases, chord-changes, but no memorable form with enough repetitions in terms of motifs and song parts. Seeking a collab with someone is definitely a good way to go.

good luck with your music

Chris

BTW This book is the bomb:Shortcuts to Songwriting for Film & TV: 114 Tips for Writing, Recording, & Pitching in Today's Hottest Market
Robin Frederick
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser