Frolic down in Africa Pleeeeeeeees

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Frolic down in Africa Pleeeeeeeees

Post by bwrenhewmach » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Hey Guys Its Mild Bill I just had this song produced. It's my first World African Song Please tell me you like it PleeeeeeeeeeeeeesFrolic www.songbirdinc.net

milfus
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Frolic down in Africa Pleeeeeeeees

Post by milfus » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:47 pm

checkin nowlike the percussion, sounds really authenticthat drone note is just never ending huh?lot of really nice ambient sounds in herei really like the flutenice changes tooi can definitely see the plains, and the long grass, and the winds blowing on the cliffsyou really painted a good really authentic feeling picture here man
in the time of trumpets and guitars, there was an oboe

elischumann
Impressive
Impressive

Post by elischumann » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:33 am

Oh that’s a very nice piece!. Congratulations!!! Said step is incredible too!!

elischumann
Impressive
Impressive

Post by elischumann » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:39 am

WOW!!!!!I KNOW THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT ABOUT "SIDE STEP" BUT I GOT TO SAY IT:I REALLY LIKE IT! IT'S PERFECT!!!!I HAVE NO WORD FOR THAT SONG!!!CONGRATULATIONS M. BILL!!!!

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:53 am

very colorful~i digs the horns~!

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:05 am

Thanks so much milfus & elischumann Wow I thought I was the only one that liked Frolic and my feelings were really starting to be hurt. Side Step and Don't Ask Me Why will both be re-produced and be put on my second CD. It will be more rock than my first One Day In A Life CD. I have a Celtic song being arranged be Terry Winch and Frank Ralls right now. I think may be my best song I love that Celtic music a lot. Will Thanks again for your kind words and for taking the time to listen. Here on Taxi and also on Broadjam we are so saturated with so much good music that it's so hard to take the time and listen to it all of them. God Bless Mild Bill PS you don't have to tell me you like it, just tell me what you think about it.

elischumann
Impressive
Impressive

Post by elischumann » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:52 am

YOU'R SECOUND CD??WOW THAT'S NICE!I'M THINKING ON MAKING A CD BUT I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO START.ALL THE MUSIC I CAN CREATE I DO IT ON MY HOME STUDIO. I'M NOT SURE IF CAN USE THE VST INSTRUMENTS FOR A CD TO SOLD IN STORES. CAN YOU GIVE ME A FEW TIPS TO MAKE MY CD. I ONLY MAKE INTRUMENTALS.

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:52 am

Hey elischumann I would be more than glad to help you in any way I can. I did a post a while back called My Critique Of Taxi it's probably on page 4 or 5 on this site. I explained how it has worked for me I would create a short cut for you if I new how maybe one of our fine members will create a short cut for you. It really all depends what your after if you are the singer songwriter you may want to have some demos made to pitch to record companies or sell your songs to other artist. A demo is the third of the cost of a radio quality recording fully arranged and produced. If you want to go the film/movie route it would be best to go the fully produced radio quality and use as much live playing as you can afford there is so many people going this way you really must stand head and shoulders above the competition in order to get listed and even better yet getting your song used. There is a saying before you build a house its imperative to count the cost. Drums For You produced Side Step and Don't Ask Me why for me. Don't Ask Me Why made Broadjams top 10 list a few weeks ago and both songs were forwarded by Taxi. My cost for their services were about $800 each Now my songs that are going on my indie CD were well over double that cost. Pure Vocals has some really great producers that can do exactly what you want them to do. I hope this helps. There are a lot more experienced people on this site than me. If we could wake them up maybe they will chime in. Take care my friend and the best of luck to you Mild Bill

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by byllsong » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:00 am

Hey namesake I like Frolic too. I can picture it on the travel channel on one of those savanna bus tours...'and Ladies & Gentlemen if you look to you left you'll see a herd of...'Billy
Billy

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:24 am

Thanks BillyYou may have giving me a great ideal a video for the song now that would be awesome.mild Bill