Future Bass: Y180725FB

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

chrismugs
Impressive
Impressive

Future Bass: Y180725FB

Post by chrismugs » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:50 am

i'm trying out a new genre. thought that i would dive into future bass. i was considering submitting this track (https://soundcloud.com/chrismugs/future-wishes) for the listing below. i was wondering what tweaks i could make to get a possible forward. thanks

FUTURE BASS INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful, NON-Exclusive Music Library that gets tons of placements in TV Shows, Films, and TV Commercials. They’re on the hunt for Mid-To-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in the general stylistic range of the references below:

“Light” by San Holo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOFTqVi-qp4

“In The Name Of Love” by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeGfss2vsZg

“Alone” by Marshmello: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZHF5UqnU4

Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals only. Please send them well-crafted Future Bass Instrumental Cues that use very modern, up-to-date sounds and super current production techniques. Build your submissions around a catchy central melodic theme, and keep it interesting, dynamic, and forward-moving by layering electronic elements in and out as your Instrumental Cue progresses. Be sure to throw in some cool breaks, drops, and ear candy to help make your Cue exciting and cutting edge!

All submissions should be about 90 seconds long (give or take). If you go a little long, don’t sweat it! Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed.

SawtoothPorter
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Future Bass: Y180725FB

Post by SawtoothPorter » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:48 am

First, let me say I not an expert on this genre.

I think you have a nice drop on the track. I would play around with your "verse" elements. When the song first hits it sounds like its going to be a tropical song. From around 0:08 - 0:14 it takes on too much of a trap vibe for the listings. Starting at 0:14 the melody helps a little but I would play around with some layers and alternative elements for the build. That said there is not much build. I'd work on getting a bit of a bigger build and end it with a break going into the drop.

Coming out of the drop it takes on a metro boomin vibe that, while not bad, does not represent the future bass genre. If you are going to use those 808's, I would have those follow the kick and put a nasty sub in place of the 808's you have. I like the choppy chord element you have during the second build.

Let's see what the rest of the board says.

JamesCarvalho
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JamesCarvalho » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:26 pm

try an automated pumping effect on the synth bus .. also widening some elements (so much good stuff going on)
Last edited by JamesCarvalho on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freelance Composer, Singer/Songwriter, Artist

chrismugs
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrismugs » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 am

thanks for the suggestion James. i'll widen some of the synths and try an automated pumping effect

good points Sawtooth. listening to it again, i think the build could be bigger as well. thank you so much

JamesCarvalho
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JamesCarvalho » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:50 am

try a doubler bus and parallel compression on that snare (snares can be fat and wide in a dense mix like this) will make the kick feel bigger after mastering
Freelance Composer, Singer/Songwriter, Artist