Geez…what a banner day today was! Wow.

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

10westmusic
Active
Active

Geez…what a banner day today was! Wow.

Post by 10westmusic » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:17 pm

I will probably never repeat what happened today ‘cuz it was a total fluke -- but I thought I might share with y’all as it was just so wacky and unexpected. I got 3 forwards today from 3 different listings in the same day! That’s just nutz. But they say things happen in 3’s though.In case anyone is curious, I’ll link like one song from each listing:The 1st one that came in was around 10AM, and it was for “energetic news instrumental tracks” as you’d hear on CNN, Dateline, CNBC, etc. This is the track “Eyes on the Prize”:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=1The 2nd forward came in at noon for “light orchestral/percussion scores in the style of Thomas Newman” (one of my favorite composers). This track is called “The Cat’s Meow”:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=1And the coolest forward came in at 5PM for the daytime talk show (who we all know who it is for). This particular one was for the dance listing. The screener gave me all 10’s which I don’t think I’ve ever gotten before…but I ain’t complainin’. I’ll post a track – “In My Mind’s Soul”:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... m=1However – the best forward of all came in this past Friday for the same daytime talk show and was for hip hop and urban. This was the one that I was really goin’ after since that is one of my main genres (I do a ton of that kinda stuff for MTV).Here is one of those tracks called “Wurlyspike”http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... stream=1So, it’s been a pretty good day. Now I just gotta wait for the dang phone to ring. Thanks for listening! I hope to put something up in the “Success Story” forum soon. We shall see…..Best regards,Chuck Henry10 West Music

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Geez…what a banner day today was! Wow.

Post by jh » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:24 pm

A total fluke??!!!? I think it has more to do with skill than luck Anyway, Congrats Chuck!!!- JH

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:56 pm

Chuck,Man.....Now that's the way ta' go OFF! 3 forwards, in one day, for 3 different types of music. I'd say that WAS one helluva day!! Major CONGRATS to ya' boss!! Loved all 4 of 'em! I can see why they were forwarded. This is all simply great work. I don't think it's a fluke at all! You send 3 or 4 more out like this, I'd be willin' ta' bet the same thing'll happen again. Don't know much about Thomas Newman, but I've sure gotten a good taste of his sound in the last week or so. Niiiicce job with that one in particular. I think that'd make the grand Wizard (mazz) proud! Keep up the great work. I've no doubt the e-mail or phone call will be comin' your way.I-468

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 am

!!!HUGE CONGRATS!!!Great music "fluke" I doubt it...sounds like you deserve every success!"Wurlyspike" is so cool Lindsey

devin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by devin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:20 am

Very cool tunes...and even better news. Thanks for sharing!!
Earplugs may be required for anyone over the age of cool.

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by keithl » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:32 am

WOW!! each piece sounded great...real nice job, there...I have to agree with I-468, you throw more out there....they will DEFINITELY stick!congrats.

10westmusic
Active
Active

Post by 10westmusic » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:46 am

Thanks for all the great words guys! And when I said "fluke", I was just referring to the crazy timing with how they all happened on the exact same day. I thought that was pretty wild!-C

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:48 am

Great work Chuck...your talent is inspiring!

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:34 am

Hey Chuck,Great storyGreat musicGreat website (you've been Googled )Glad to have you around!Congrats,Allen

timmerblakely
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by timmerblakely » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:55 am

Great work and congrats. I hope that phone starts ringing off the hook soon.Timmer