General thanks and appreciation for Carl

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

neilmct
Active
Active

General thanks and appreciation for Carl

Post by neilmct » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:23 am

This is the 3rd Rally in a row that my daughter and I have attended. It was fantastic, as they all have been.

My daughter played open mic in the ballroom on Friday and Saturday. It was the first time she played our songs in public and I just can't thank Carl enough. He is such an encouraging, supportive host for the event in addition to being obviously hilarious! His interaction with 11 year old Coltrane was priceless! I also loved the bath robe!

If I could, I would nominate Carl to host the Academy Awards! You da man, Carl!

Neil McTavish

mattharveymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: General thanks and appreciation for Carl

Post by mattharveymusic » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:40 am

Totally agree with this, he was great at MCing those open mike nights and he kept the whole thing moving brilliantly. And the robe was a nice touch on Saturday lol :-)

Think I caught you play with your daughter on the Saturday night, you guys were great!

yammer107
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by yammer107 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 am

I thought it was awesome to see a number of young performers.... Way to dive right in the ocean with the big fish! My parents were the 'extreme discouraging' type rather than positive or supportive - So hats off to you Neil. Will you be my new Dad ??

~ Chris

neilmct
Active
Active

Post by neilmct » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:59 am

Think I caught you play with your daughter on the Saturday night, you guys were great![/quote]

I didn't play with my daughter. She played and sang solo. However, the father/daughter duo from Germany were amazing. That 13 year old girl sounded like a 30 year old! Awesome!

Neil

neilmct
Active
Active

Post by neilmct » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:03 am

yammer107 wrote:.
I thought it was awesome to see a number of young performers.... Way to dive right in the ocean with the big fish! My parents were the 'extreme discouraging' type rather than positive or supportive - So hats off to you Neil. Will you be my new Dad ??

~ Chris
I hear ya on the support thing. Seems most of our parents were into pushing us to do something with job security - not knowing that many of these "secure" jobs and companies would disappear.

I love you man, but 2 girls is definitely enough! Thanks for the kind words.

Neil