Genre Feedback and Info Please

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TommyHaddox

Genre Feedback and Info Please

Post by TommyHaddox » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:05 am

I have to consider myself as brand new to all of this and I'm asking for some help identifying genres.
Would these be pitch-able to Singer/Songwriter or Pop..or anything? :roll: Any and all Feedback/response is appreciated, AS well as how to make these Soundcloud links show up as links?
Thanks

Forever
Forever

Is It Just Me?
Is it Just Me?

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Genre Feedback and Info Please

Post by VanderBoegh » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:28 am

Hey Tom, I'm not the best resource for singer/songwriter music (pretty far out of my wheelhouse, actually), but the songs were pretty cool.

One quick note: it takes 33 seconds for vocals to come in on "Forever", and 17 seconds for vocals to come in on "Is It Just Me". You're honestly not going to get that much time with a decision-maker, supposing either of these tracks ever lands on an editor or supervisor's desk. They'll listen to 3-10 seconds, and then move on. So I always tell people to deliver the goods right away. Chop those intros considerably, or just yank them entirely. You don't have to do that to these two tracks if you love them the way they are, but it's a lesson you can apply to all future songs. Remember, you only get 3 seconds to make a good impression!

~~Matt