Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Get Inside a TAXI Screener’s Head on Monday's TAXI TV

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:40 pm

superblonde wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:23 pm
My comment was/is not about me or my submissions. This about apparently the bulk of others' submissions which 'apparently didn't read the listing well enough' thus contribute to the 'most frequent reason for rejection' in a screener's list of problems with submissions.
I don't think that's the real reason. Spend enough time on the forum and you'll realise one of the main reasons for rejection is people trying to make music that they don't know or understand.

Generally it's because the libraries want contemporary tracks and the member hasn't listened to new music for 10 - 20 - 30 years ..they're out of touch and so are their tastes so they can't interpret the briefs even if they read 'em.

Ditching your legacy playlists and listening constantly to what's current can help a lot.

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Post by superblonde » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:29 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:40 pm

I don't think that's the real reason.
But you didn't watch the episode, right? It was Paul Taylor's direct feedback. Everything you've said is true, and I agree, but, that wasn't Taylor's context, I don't think.
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:09 pm

superblonde wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:29 pm
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:40 pm

I don't think that's the real reason.
But you didn't watch the episode, right? It was Paul Taylor's direct feedback. Everything you've said is true, and I agree, but, that wasn't Taylor's context, I don't think.
Not being in touch with contemporary music is one reason, no doubt. But new members especially will shotgun anything at a listing without truly understanding how Taxi (and the industry) works. Taxi listings are narrowly focused toward a particular client need. It's a learning process many go through.