Gibson Les Paul Jr. review

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Gibson Les Paul Jr. review

Post by Kolstad » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:01 am

I recently got this guitar, and love it. It's about half price of a used Les Paul std., and great. I did a YouTube demo on it for fun, so you can check it out too..

https://youtu.be/5QTysGkjX-w
Ceo of my own life

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Gibson Les Paul Jr. review

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:28 am

Hi Kolstad,
That sure is a sweet tone. I really like the clean sound when you first begin to play, but those grinding overdrive tones late on are also very attractive to my ears. Sounds like you bought a keeper there. My old Les Paul has a darker tone than most, and after picking up a good Tele about 15 years ago I've never gone back. I really enjoy the top-end of the sound the Tele offers, but there are times when I miss the richness and girth of the LP. Its good to hear that you seem to have a very nice balance of that girth and top end.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:03 am

Thanks Graham, yeah tele’s are great guitars too. I have had a few, but never a really great one. I have other guitars to cover the top end, but none can do what this Jr can. I sounds very warm, and have a vintage vibe feel to it. I love that! Supposedly the Jr was Gibson’s answer in the 50s to a Fender blackguard tele, and I understand why. It does have a different sound that a std Les Paul. Definately a good crunch on the bridge pickup, without really sounding heavy.. like a tele on stereoids..
Ceo of my own life

charlie2
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by charlie2 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:42 pm

That sounds amazing! My friend has a lp jr. I think Lesley west used one. Check out Nantucket sleigh ride
I have a used standard les paul and it does high end great. It's my great go to all around guitar for any style.

Also have a tele w a little 59 in the bridge and a twang king in the neck. The 59 is dark but the tele cuts through. Twang king sounds great but a little noisy
Success is failure analyzed

Sometimes the truth feels good. Sometimes bad. But it's always good for us.

The world's greatest music was written without the technology we have today.

Http://www.charlescaputo.com

Http://www.taxi.com/charlescaputo