Gipeto- The Music Maker - new site from Motown

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gipeto1

Gipeto- The Music Maker - new site from Motown

Post by gipeto1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:10 am

Hi,With my site just being complete, I would love to get some feedback from some people I don't know www.gipetothemusicmaker.comI have multiple genres in different categories ....tell me whats up with me in your opinion.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Gipeto- The Music Maker - new site from Motown

Post by davewalton » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:01 am

Hi,Here are my suggestions (former software developer and web designer) ConsistancyKeep the site navigation simple and consistant. One menu should be able to handle everything you do. Put it at the top or on the left and make sure it's always there for the user and always does the same thing. Always navigate to a new page within the current instance of the browser. It's a rare occasion where you'll want to create a new instance of the browser from a link.SpeedGet rid of the necessity to preload music before the page appears. Provide links to the samples that then get loaded only when a user clicks the link. Don't "force" them to listen.QualityWatermark if you're worried about pirating, but the music is the only thing the user is interested in. Don't give them low quality samples. Make your music sound the best it can sound. MP3's 192kbps or higher, 128kbps at the bare minimum.That's the problem with this board... you ask for honest critiques and they actually give them to you! Dave